HAPPY NEW YEAR!
The following are the headlines of this month’s emails sent in by our friends who are creating and evolving their own meaningful careers. Be inspired by their accomplishments and take your career to the next level!
Get ready folks because our first SchmoozeFest of the new year is coming up Thursday, January 12 from 6:30 to 9:30 and we would sure love to see you to hear about your latest involvements and then spend the rest of the evening networking. As usual the good folks of ArtCenter at Night are allowing us to hold our schmooze-event in Room #231 in the 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena building so bring your PowerPoint, some business cards and join in the fun. You are sure to be inspired!
|(From the ArtCenter at Night web site.)|
These classes could change your life...
Our “Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One- Discovering the Dream” through ArtCenter at Night begins Tuesday, January 17 and will run for fourteen weeks. The class is from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. in Room #302 of the new 1111 Arroyo Parkway building. We will help you discover how to take your career to the next, most meaningful, level. This is a unique class not offered anywhere else where you will dive deep into what you have liked and not liked about your career to date and you can begin writing the next chapter of your purpose filled life. If you have any questions please call the counselors at ArtCenter at night, or call the instructor at 818-842-5490.
- Robyn Stark-Young shares the exciting news that she has launched her new digital marketing consultancy to work with small companies and startups. She is even offering a free consultation to help you get on the right path for your social media and content strategy, branding and marketing!…
- Jeanette Paredes urges you to take a look at her Kickstarter campaign to raise the money to work on her photographic journey through the Sea of Cortez. Jeanette recently fell in love with sailing and is chronicling the life of the fishermen of the Sea of Cortez. You are urged to support her as she documents her adventure…
- Erv Nichols, as many of you who have read these blog postings, spends his time opening our eyes to the wonders of nature. Now he is helping to save Mono Lake and the millions of birds that live and migrate there by making and selling bird band earrings. He sells these unique items and donates the profits to the “Osprey and California Gull studies that are ongoing.”…
- Ulrike Kerber announces that, in addition to her renowned design studio in Santa Barbara, she has opened a studio in Berlin, Germany. And in addition she provides a much needed positive prospective on the events of the recent election and the role of creative people to make a difference…
Those were the headlines, now here are the extended inspirational stories of the accomplishments of our creative community members:
- Robyn Stark-Young, Digital Market Consultant, and Travel Blogger- “Hey Tony! Some exciting news I wanted to share with you and the community!
In addition to the travel blog which is coming along swimmingly, I have also launched a digital marketing consultancy. I am now working with small companies and startups on everything from social media and content strategy, to branding and email marketing and absolutely loving it. I even worked out a trade with a new co-working space in DTLA where I now have a little office space in return for assistance with content strategy and local partnerships :) I'd love to open up these services to the community as well. Anyone who is interested in learning more can request a free consultation on my website: http://robynyoung.co
Thanks for always supporting us beyond the classroom Tony!
All my best,”
|(Images from Jeanette Parades' Kickstarter page.)|
- Jeanette Paredes, Photographer- “Hello Tony, It is Jeanette Paredes from Art Center I had a couple classes with you and came to one of your many famous SchmoozeFests.
I have just launched my first Kickstarter project!!! a photographic journey through the Sea of Cortez, discovering the sailing world and its people that inhabit the sea.
Please if you can take the time to visit the site, some feed back is always welcome, improving the project helps me gain more contributors.
I hop this email finds you doing well, thank you so much for always sending the update emails,
- Erv Nichols, Photographer, Naturalist- “Hi Tony, thought I’d update you on our ongoing late life crises (or celebrations depending on your view).
While spending our 3rd summer at Mono Lake as birding interns with the Mono Lake Committee and a bunch of much younger interns (my car is older than anyone I worked with) I decided to see what I could do to help save this fantastic lake and the millions of birds that live and migrate through there.
Hope you guys are all well. Nice to see your regular updates.”
- Ulrike Kerber- “Dear Tony: Yay, we are off to new adventures!
Rumors are true: We are setting up shop in Berlin, Germany. We will keep business in California and not abandon roots, but will add new projects in a city that is home to many young entrepreneurs, artists, designers ... all excellent resources to create amazing things. I am looking forward to working on short format content, branding and motion design with this whole new pool of talent!
The kids' media series ‘Hello World’ will find inspiration in a place that welcomes refugees and immigrants. Cultures are coming together here in a different way... not all mixed as in a melting pot. As my generous Turkish airbnb host says, she loves hosting people from all over the world and hugs people to welcome them into her home. Some Asian teenage girls were not used to hugging and it took them a second to get used to it, then they giggled and started hugging too. I love culture clashes like this.
We are citizens of the world and move through different customs, habits, traditions...we can always choose to say yes or no to any, but essentially we are one world... It may not matter what President we have as long as we take responsibility and are the change we want to see.
By the way... we not moving because of the surprising outcome of this election. This could be a motivation to stay and represent the creative power I envision in this world. Our move coincides with many changes that are in my universe right now and it feels great!...
That’s it for now, and that’s quite a bit to think about. Those are some of the amazing things these incredible artists in our creative circle are creating. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals