Photographer Maureen Broadbeck starts this posting with a Happy New Year message and invitation from her studio in Geneva, Switzerland:
|Copyright © 2016 Mauren Brodbeck, All rights reserved.|
Chemin des Poteaux 4
Here are the headlines for the latest news in this Update:
- The Spring SchmoozeFest! was held the evening of Thursday, January 14 at the Art Center at Night-South Campus. It was a spirited evening with presentations and networking and, as always, it was creatively exhilarating. Please plan on attending our next SchmoozeFest! tentatively scheduled for May 12 at the same location.
- Our class “Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One-Discovering the Dream” started Tuesday, January 19 through the Art Center at Night/Public Program. If you wish to hear more about this extremely important class for mid-career professionals who what to take their careers to the next level please contact Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at http://www.artcenter.edu. And you can always contact the instructor by emailing him, email@example.com …
- Jeff Burke invites us to see his amazing artwork at two venues this weekend during the LA art weekend at the Fabrick Expo art fair in Downtown Los Angeles. Come and see his incredible “custom-wrapped Bentley Continental GT clad” in his “bling art,” and his other unique art pieces…
- Jeremy Jackson is to be congratulated for winning the prestigious Photo District News, Grand Prize in the Professional Division of the Sports + Action Photography Contest! Well done Jeremy!…
- Claudia Paul encourages everyone to donate their photographs to EyeDonated.org. She has been working with Artists for World Peace and this campaign will help to bring eye care to Tanzania this summer. She provides information on how to participate in this incredibly worthy cause…
- Thanks to Chuck Chugumlung, Dr. Soren Petersen, and Augustin Grube of Innovate Pasadena/Design X in asking me, Tony Luna, to deliver a presentation titled, “Designing Your Life Career Path” on Thursday, January 21. There is a vibrant entrepreneurial community in and around the Pasadena area and Design X encourages all interested parties to attend their meetings…
- And thanks to Joann Webb, Director of The Career Center, Western Region of the Actors Fund for the invitation to present, “Giving Your Career a Creative Jump Start for 2016.” The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that helps professionals in performing arts and entertainment in times of need, crisis or transition…
Those are the headlines, now here are the rest of the stories:
- Presented here are some photos taken during our Spring SchmoozeFest! There were dynamic presentations by Dr. Soren Petersen, Chuck Chugumlung, Philip Carrera, and others that helped to stir the creative juices. The presentations were followed by a networking session where the participants exchanged ideas and contact information. Try to attend the next event tentatively scheduled for May 12. Hope to see your there and you may be inspired by our creative community.
http://www.artcenter.edu. And you can always contact the instructor by emailing him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|KATMOBL at the 6th St bridge|
|KATMOBIL slollums through the intersection at Temple & Alameda|
- Jeff Burke, Photographer, Fine Artist- “Hi Tony, I'm pleased to announce that I will be showing work at two events during this busy, LA art weekend. I will be showing my recent work, including the Naga Kanya and Beautiful Mask VII at the Fabrik Expo art fair in DTLA. I will also introduce KATMOBL, a custom-wrapped Bentley Continental GT clad in my bling art. I will be at Fabric Expo Saturday and Sunday and hope to see you there.
Arts District, Downtown LA
1324 Palmetto Street
Opening night party Friday 7-10pm
This is a ticketed event.
I am also pleased to announce that I will have work at Ping Pong, an exhibition at the LA Art Show at the Los Angeles Convention center. Please look for my work at the LA Art Association's Ping Pong exhibit there.
- Jeremy Jackson- Performance Photographer, Sports + Action- “Hi Tony! Hope you had a great holiday. I was browsing my issue of PDN this morning and look what I found! I was and still am shocked to say the least. Thank you again for all of your help! Your support means a lot.
- Claudia Paul, Photographer- From her January Newsletter 2016
HELP US LAUNCH #EYEDONATED
Hope everyone is having a great 2016 so far. I am super excited to present an amazing online campaign benefiting Artists for World Peace. As many of you know, I have been working with AFWP for the last 5 years, documenting their international and local humanitarian work via photos and video. Award-winning ad agency CDMiConnect has partnered with AFWP to create an interactive campaign to help us bring eye care to Tanzania again this summer. I love what the team has done and I would love it even more if all of you could participate by donating your awesome photos to the campaign. You can go to EyeDonated.org and follow instructions there or post directly on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
Participating is easy:
1) Tag two friends and use the hashtag #EyeDonated
2) Pick an image that you'd like to donate
3) Post directly on Instagram or Facebook
4) Donate as little as 1 Dollar to bring eye care to Tanzania
- “Designing Your Life Career Path” for Innovate Pasadena/Deign X- Thanks to Chuck Chugumlung, Dr. Soren Petersen, and Augustin Grube of Innovate Pasadena/Design X for asking me, Tony Luna, to deliver a presentation titled “Designing Your Life Career Path” on Thursday, January 21. There is a vibrant entrepreneurial community in and around the Pasadena area and Design X encourages all interested parties to attend their meetings.
For more information on Design X contact Chuck Chugumlung at email@example.com.
- And thanks also go out to Joann Webb, Director of The Career Center, Western Region of the Actors Fund for inviting me to present “Giving Your Career a Creative Jump Start for 2016.” As stated in their promotional material “The Actors Fund is a national human services organization that helps professionals in performing arts and entertainment in times of need, crisis or transition.” The lecture was given Thursday, January 28 at the IATSE Local 80, Sound Stave in Burbank, CA.…
For more information about The Actors Fund please get in touch by calling them at 323-933-9244 ext. 451, or by going to their website, http://www.actorsfund.org.
So, you see, this year had gotten off to an ambitious start. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Continue sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals