Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career professionals.


:::::

"Make each day your masterpiece."
- John Wooden

Friday, October 30, 2015

Tony Luna Creative- Update- 10-30-15


Here are the headlines for the latest news in this Update:

- Diana Mulvihill shares with us an ad from the recent print campaign she executed for Tylenol, and also some inspirational thoughts about her creative journey in becoming a commercial photographer
- Meg Mimura provides us some insights, photos, and links, into some of the exciting projects she has undertaken as a correspondent to the Japanese people on happenings in American entertainment. She is well on her way to becoming the “Japanese Oprah”…
- Sal Ochoa gives us a glimpse at some of the stirring shots he took during the recent International Special Olympics in Los Angeles, and he continues to work on his important series on the people of Las Estates, Michoacan, Mexico…
- Marcia Loots-Serna keeps adding to her list of admirable accomplishments as she worked on the “Global GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) Logo that is now being used on all their materials.” She has also developed a brochure for a sustainable ranch in Malibu, and produced Mortgage for Veterans Direct Mail Kits,” helping Vets stay in their homes. Keep up your great and meaningful work Marcia!…
- Paula Lucero Medina Ochoa sends us the good news that she has “been hired at the food and nutrition department at the Little Company of Mary Hospital as a food service worker” and this will add to her credentials as a Nutritionist…
- Tony Luna sends along some images from his book signing sessions at the PDN/PhotoPlus Expo in New York City last week…  

*****

Now here are the complete stories behind the headlines:


  - Diana Mulvihill, Commercial Photographer- “Hi Tony. Apologies for my belated reply; was a bit hectic this week. It's always so wonderful to hear from you. I have a number of new images; I’ll attach the most recent print campaign I’ve done for Tylenol.

I can't believe that I started on this path so long ago, and you were truly the catalyst! I’m forever grateful to you and I’m grateful that my career seems to be thriving, finally!! It was uphill for a while, that is for sure! ha ha
I’d love to visit your class, that would be so wonderful. I know that I benefited so much during school from hearing what the working world might be like.”

diana
diana mulvihill studio
626.319.2129
http://www.diana@dianamulvihill.com

*****


- Meg Mimura, International Journalist- “Joanne and Tony, It has been a thrilling few months! Two of my dreams came true; writing in English and speaking as the US TV expert on camera.

I’m thrilled to send you a link to my first TV review I wrote in English. I’ve written a few articles in my career, but they were all business related. There are so many great critics who write so eloquently that they intimidate me so much, but I thought life is too short being intimidated by those veterans.

So here it is”…
http://www.familychoiceawards.com/entertainment/the-affair-season-2-airs-on-showtime/

The following YouTube videos are all in Japanese, but I thought you’d enjoy them.
第67回エミー賞授賞式スペシャル
エミー賞とは? What are Emmy Awards?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AK5TJuLUuL4

エミー賞ノミネートと注目作品 Nominated series and actors
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpsAn7ifIyE

エミー賞にまつわる超意外な事実とは?Unknown facts about Emmys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iZVKr8YsQrM



私の選ぶベストドラマ(1)My favorite TV show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWsrGsT5cIQ
アメリカTV業界最新情報番外編(2)U.S. TV industry update
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2iLsm6wpGI

ワーナー・ブラザースのスタジオ・ツアーをご紹介番外編(3)WB Studio tour
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__YPwSs9UK4

Regards,

Meg Mimura
Communicate Japan
818-842-6506 Phone


*****


- Sal Ochoa, Culture Photographer- “Dear Tony, It was great seeing you again after a few weeks. Thanks for your invaluable help and I really really appreciate having you as a mentor, friend, and fellow brother. Meanwhile, please take a look at some of the images I took during the Special Olympics.

http://www.salvadorochoa.com/specialolympics

I will release a newsletter before I leave to Mexico to show people the projects I have been working on.

Bendiciones,”

SAL+

(310) 739-2548
http://www.sal@salvadorochoa.com

*****

- Marcia Loots-Serna, Creative Direct Response Designer- “Hi Tony- Recently I've worked on a Global GLOW (Girls Leading Our World) Logo that is now being used on all their materials. Helping girls around the world.
You never know how it is going to turn out that way. But feel I'm doing something meaningful. Good for the soul. (Finally living the meaningful dream)

Also doing some Mortgage for Veterans Direct Mail Kits. Helping Vets stay in their homes.

And just started a brochure for a Ranch in Malibu that is sustainable.(YAY)

Just wanted to check in so you could brag to your students.

AND a student from your class contacted me on Linked in to connect. How great is that!

You are such an inspiration.”

Marcia

Marcia Loots-Serna
Creative Direct Response Designer
Ideas by the pound
310.456.2410 studio
310.383.2713 c
On facebook & Linkedin
http://www.marcialoots-serna.com
*****


- Paula Lucero Medina Ochoa, Nutritionist- “Hello Dear Tony! I want to share with you a wonderful news: I have been hired at the food and nutrition department at the Little Company of Mary Hospital as a food service worker and I will start on Tuesday. This is one of the steps that makes me feel closer to the next step that is to validate my career. I already sent my transcripts to validate to NY.

Thank you for your help, patience, and knowledge.”

Paula Ochoa                                                   
                                                         
*****


With photographer and former student Graham Henman





With photographer Anthony Nex


- Tony Luna, Creative Consultant- Dear Readers: Last week I had the honor of conducting a book signing of my two books at the PDN/PhotoPlus Expo at the Jacob Javits Convention Center in New York City. Of course it was great to be a part of the largest photo expo in North America but the greatest joy was meeting the attendees, making new connections, and signing my books. All this was made possible through Skyhorse/Allworth Publishing Editor Tad Crawford and the book signing was done at the ASMP-American Society of Media Photographers booth. The greatest thrill of all was running into former students who are living their dreams as professionals. Thanks to all for the opportunity to be involved in this annual exposition. I hope to see you there again next year!

                                                                       ###

Well, there you have it. Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they design meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.

If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact tony@tonylunacreative.com.  Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email tony@tonylunacreative.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.

Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.

Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!

Best.

Tony

Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490

Email: tony@tonylunacreative.com
http://www.tonylunacreative.com
http://www.tonylunacreative.blogspot.com
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press


Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals

No comments:

Post a Comment