- Our summer SchmoozeFest! on Thursday, May 7 was a great success. We had some incredibly stirring presentations followed by a lively networking session. The next SchmoozeFest event will be Thursday, September 3 at the Art Center South Campus, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Room #231, from 6:30 to 9:30. Mark you calendar now so you can practice your presentation on your latest venture (if you plan to give one) and join in the fun.
- Barbara Bordnick will be holding her exquisite Flower Photography Workshops June 18 & 19, and July 21 & 22 at her Manhattan Studio. Visit the New York wholesale flower mart, be guided by Barbara to create a classic photo, and take home an elegant, archival print…
- Ezekiel Wheeler let us know about his incredible 7-week adventure through Europe's best automotive destinations, and he has included a link to an exciting video about his journey. Click on the link enjoy!…
- Sal Ochoa gives us a peek into the photo story he is creating on the village of Las Estacas, Mexico. We are honored to be in on the beginning of his personal cultural photo project and wish him well…
- Jeremy Jackson shares with us that his photo exhibit for the Los Angeles County High School for the Arts is now up in celebration of their thirtieth anniversary. His exhibition includes portraits of LACHSA alumni performing on Broadway…
- Christine Saiyan informs us that she is holding workshops next month to help us get in shape, physically and spiritually, for the summer. Her Coregeous Workshop at Yoga Noho Studio will be held Saturday, June 6, and her Self- Care Workshop at Liberation Yoga will be Sunday, June 28…
Now here are the extended stories and links behind the headlines. Enjoy, and be prepared to be inspired by the accomplishments of our creative community members:
SchmoozeFest! The following are some photos from our event earlier this month.
- Lisa Kim showed her latest designs for tee-shirts and greeting cards.
- Dennis Hill showed photos from his historic documentation of the “California Incline” construction.
- Soren Petersen led a discussion on the role of designers in product development and presented an exercise that will become the subject of an upcoming article.
- A gathering of SchmoozeFesters exchanging ideas and stories.
- Barbara Bordnick, legendary fashion, portrait, nude and floral Photographer-
June 18 & 19, 2015 and July 21 & 22, 2015
Barbara Bordnick is offering two new workshops on photographing flowers in her Manhattan studio. Along with demonstrations of lighting and set-up techniques for shooting flowers in the studio, the workshop begins with a trip to the New York City wholesale flower market to select flowers.
Come see what everyone is raving about and go home with a gorgeous, archival pigment print of your work.
Watch the video and sign up at: http://www.barbarabordnick.com
Click on "Workshops" in the Menu to view the video.
- Ezekiel Wheeler, Automotive PR Consultant- Hello Tony!!! Unfortunately I will not be able to attend this week's SchmoozeFest. I'll be heading out on a business trip. But I did want to share a sizzle reel from my 7-week adventure through Europe's best automotive destinations. Here is a list of what you'll see in the video...
In order of appearance:
- Driving through the Italian Alps in a special edition Fiat Abarth
- BMW Museum in Munich
- Visiting a private classic car storage facility in Dusseldorf
- Audi Museum in Ingolstadt
- Goodwood Revival Vintage Car Races in Goodwood, UK
- Rolls Royce display in Munich
- Morgan Automotive factory tour
- Classic Car Gathering at the circuit de spa-francorchamps in Belgium
- Driving a Morgan Super 8 and Three Wheeler on English backroads
- Documenting a race at the Nurburgring in Germany
- Classic Italian motorcycle race in circuit de spa-francorchamps in Belgium
- GT40s and can am cars racing at the Goodwood Revival
- Visit to the Porsche Museum in Stuttgart
- Driving onto the winner's stage in front of 50,000 Belgiums at the Zoute Gran Prix Concours d'Elegance in a 1924 Vauxhall owned by a Maharajah
- Driving a Lamborghini Aventador through small Italian villages (fast).
I'm working with a close friend to help edit and shoot more video where we will be compiling and releasing a new 5 minute episode every month on car culture adventures / features. Expect our first episode this summer.
The concept..."What if Anthony Bourdain were to host an automotive culture show?"
Enjoy! And feel free to share with your class. I'd welcome any and all feed back!
Video Link: https://www.vimeo.com/126199263
Ezekiel C. Wheeler
Automotive PR Consultant
- And from another email:
Thank you very VERY much for the kind words about the video.
It's been a long road but I can honestly say since I began volunteering in college, networking, following through, taking calculated risks and (most of all) taking time to reflect back none of this would have been possible. I trusted myself, I trusted my education and I was able to complete a project that encourages me every day.
Today, I'm happy to report I have two dream jobs. One, is having the freedom to create content around automobiles and the other is working for a Jaguar Land Rover as their North American Product Communication Specialist. What more could a automotive guy like me ask for?
Thank you Tony. I whole heartedly thank you for always being that voice in the back of my head telling me..."What do you LOVE Ezekiel?!"
- Sal Ochoa, Cultural Photographer- Dear Tony, Thank you for all your invaluable help you have provided me with! Always helpful, kind, funny, and a thousand more kind and positive attributes I could name.
I really appreciate all your help, dedication, and time you have set aside to meet with me.
Also, I will be taking your next class.
And from another follow-up email:
I just got back from Las Estacas and I took close to about 3,000 photos and conducted a handful of interviews. I have a good first start. I'll share some images with you later today.
- Jeremy Jackson- Portrait and Performance Photographer- Hi Tony, Hope you’re doing well! Just wanted to let you know I finally pulled off the 15 image exhibition at my high school for the 30th anniversary. The principal and foundation love it and want to keep it up indefinitely! I went to New York and was able to squeeze in four portraits including 2 people performing in Broadway shows. Thanks again for your help and encouragement!
Christine Saiyan, Yoga Instructor and Graphic Designer- Check out the details below...The workshops I designed for next month are perfect for building strength and looking sexy in your bikini or swim-shorts. Access the deepest part of your core and awaken its full potential! Join me and learn Self-Massage & Strengthen your CORE!
818-761-1705 to register or just show up! Bring a mat! I have everything else.
SATURDAY, JUNE 6th 2:00-4:00PM
Coregeous Workshop at Yoga Noho Studio
5257 Vineland Avenue
North Hollywood, CA 91601
*Yoga NoHo is located in the Muse building...There is plenty of parking across the street on Vineland or in the building with the entrance on Weddington.
$30 course fee / $25 if you Register Early!
Can You Make it to Class? Questions? Would love to hear from you.
SUNDAY, JUNE 28TH
Self- Care Workshop at Liberation Yoga
124 S. La Brea Ave.
Between 1st and 2nd streets
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals