- SchmoozeFest, January 8, 2015 was a resounding success with inspiring presentations followed by an enthusiastic networking session…
- There are currently three students enrolled in the “Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part Two- Forming the Dream” class at Art Center at Night and they are moving forward on creating the foundations for their new career ventures…
- Tamar Levine is delighted to share information on her photo show “What A Life,” part of her “You Should Smile More” solo shot at the Lois Lambert Gallery. For more information go to the Tony Luna Creative- Update blog…
- Barbara Bordnick invites everyone to sign up for one of her famous Flower Photography Workshops at her studio in Manhattan, April 17 & 18, May 15 & 16, and June 20 & 21. This workshop will open your eyes to the wonders of flower photography and the genius of Barbara Bordnick…
- Simone Drucker is now a Studio Instructor in the Environmental Design department at the Art Center College of Design. Congratulations Simone, you will be a wonderful mentor to our talented students!…
- Christopher Marion Thomas will be the first emerging artist to be on display beginning February 18, 2015 in the Bert Long, Jr. Gallery in Houston, Texas. The mission of the Houston Museum of African American Culture is to collect, conserve, explore, interpret, and exhibit the material and intellectual culture of Africans and African Americans in Houston, the state of Texas, the southwest and the African Diaspora for current and future generations…
- Sylviose Dossous reminds us that our loved ones would appreciate some of her incredibly delicious macarons this Valentine’s Day…
- Paul Gladdens informs us that he making his incredibly beautiful flower photographic prints available for sale. Please go to the Tony Luna Creative- Update blog to learn how to contact him…
- (Editor’s note: Tony Luna sends a heartfelt thank you to all those who sent their warm Happy Birthday regards on this his 70th. [OMG] birthday today)…
Now here are the extended stories behind the headlines. Enjoy, and be prepared to be inspired by the accomplishments of our creative community members:
SchmoozeFest- Our January SchmoozeFest was a resounding success due to the great turnout and the caliber of the presentations. Thanks to Lici Denning, Soren Petersen, Bret Ferrante, Laura Elliot, and Rick Ferrante for their inspiring presentations and to all the other attendees who enthusiastically joined in during the networking session. The next SchmoozeFest is tentatively set for May 7, from 6:30 to 9:30 P. M. and will again be at Art Center’s South Campus, 930 South Raymond Ave., Pasadena, CA.
Photos from the SchmoozeFest:
The spring term at Art Center at Night has begun and we currently have three students enrolled in “Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part Two- Forming the Dream.” These participants are progressing rapidly as they examine the next steps to achieve their new career goals. Onward!
Tamar Levine, Photographer, Director- “Happy New Year! I am so happy to finally be able to share ‘What A Life,’ http://tamarlevine.tumblr.com/post/107376224885/what-a-life
the series I made for my solo show, ‘You Should Smile More.” These prints, other prints, and limited edition books are available by contacting the Lois Lambert Gallery.
Please click on the image to see more photos from this series. As always, new work can be found by visiting my website, http://www.tamarlevine.com.
I hope you're having a wonderful 2015!”
- Barbara Bordnick, legendary fashion, portrait, nude and floral Photographer-
Flower Photography Workshops by Barbara Bordnick- Come create a flower that will never die. Barbara Bordnick, author of three innovative, best selling books, Searchings: Secret Landscapes of Flowers, offers new two-day flowers photography workshops in her studio, located in the historic Photo/Flat Iron District of Manhattan.
Ms. Bordnick is a renowned fashion, portrait, nude and floral photographer who has taught workshops all over the world. Due to the popularity of her workshop in flower photography she has added three more in 2015: April 17 & 18, May 15 & 16, June 20 & 21.
To keep each workshop as intimate and hands-on as possible, only six students per workshop will be admitted. Along with demonstrations of lighting and set-up techniques, workshops begin with a trip to the New York wholesale flower market to choose flowers. Each student will go home with a gorgeous archival print of her/his won flower which will never die. Come see why everyone loves these workshops—and that yourself to a new experience!
Each Workshop is $900.00. Watch the video and sign up at http://www.barbarabordnick.com or email : firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Simone Drucker, Environmental Designer and Artist- Simone is now a Studio Instructor at Art Center College of Design. Development and instruction of an upper-level course in the Environmental Design department - Visual Poetics & Retail Design. Art Center’s Environmental Design department is fortunate to have her working with their talented students.
- Christopher Marion Thomas, Fine Artist-
HOUSTON MUSUEM OF AFRICAN AMERICAN CULTURE ANNOUNCES PUBLIC OPENING OF BERT LONG, JR. GALLERY FOR LOCAL ARTISTS
Houston, Texas, January 21, 2015– The Houston Museum of African American Culture (HMAAC) announces the January 30, 2015 the opening The Bert Long, Jr. Gallery for Local Artists. An Invitation Ribbon Cutting ceremony will begin at 3:00 pm with a public opening January 31. In recognition of his support of local artists, HMAAC has dedicated the gallery in Long's name to allow the Museum to annually exhibit the work of four emerging artists working in the greater Houston area. By creating this platform, HMAAC will give the community the opportunity to experience the best and most compelling of Houston's visual artists.
The gallery will feature original works by Bert Long, Jr. from January 30, 2015 - February 15, 2015. The first emerging artist to be on display beginning February 18, 2015 in the Bert Long, Jr. Gallery will be Christopher Marion Thomas!
The Bert Long, Jr. Gallery for Local Artists is generously sponsored by AT&T Foundation, which has given the museum artwork by Long from the AT&T Collection for the exhibition through a long term loan, collectors Yvonne Aguirre and Stewart Krohn, the Art Museum of Southeast Texas, Margaret Losinski, and Joan Batson and the Family of Bert Long, Jr.
About HMAAC - The mission of HMAAC is to collect, conserve, explore, interpret, and exhibit the material and intellectual culture of Africans and African Americans in Houston, the state of Texas, the southwest and the African Diaspora for current and future generations.
- Sylviose Dossous, the Macaron Maven!- Don’t forget to order your delicious (and deliciously romantic) Valentine’s Day macarons from Sylviose Dossous, the Macaron Maven herself.
Yummy flavors include: cookies and crème, hazelnut crème, pistachio, and red velvet $24 per dozen (includes delivery to Pasadena or Bella Fitness Studio in Glendale)
You can order on the website ($1 convenience fee) or pay cash upon delivery.
- Paul Gladden, Fine Art Photographer-
Paul Gladden is now offering his amazing fine art photography prints for sale for the first time. You may contact Paul by emailing him so you may obtain print sizes and pricing directly from Paul.
(Editor’s Note: Thank you to all who sent Birthday wishes to Tony Luna today. With good thoughts coming in from creative people all over the world you have reinforced why it is such an honor to work with you and watch you succeed in the things you LOVE to create!)
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals