Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
|(Photo by Diana Mulvihill)|
- The “Creative Crossroads: Identifying Your Attributes for Success” lecture/workshop and book signing event was held on Thursday, June 19 at the LUX-SF Studio in San Francisco. It was a great success thanks to the coordination efforts by Crafting a Meaningful Career alum Diana Mulvihill, the direction of Jeff Kausch, APA/SF Regional Chapter Director, and sponsorship by John Champlin of LUX Studios, and Samy’s Camera. The lecture and workshop portion covered the steps necessary to find one’s creative voice and invited the attendees to get started on their own unique creative journey. The event was followed by a book signing of Tony Luna’s latest book, “Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Pictures.” Thanks to all for making this such an enjoyable event!…
- Tamar Levine let us know that the world premier of her new film, “It’s Okay” was held June 19th as part of the Power Play program at the Palm Springs International ShortFest. Congratulations Tamar!…
- Milka Broukhim informs us that she is part of the “LOCAL / NOT LOCAL: Arabic and Iranian Typography, Made in California” exhibition. It is the first show of it’s kind in California bringing together Arab and Iranian artists and will be open until August 29 at the Levantine Cultural Center, 5998 West Pico Blvd, LA...
- Mark Alberhasky shares an incredible photo he took in Iceland and directs us to an article about his travel photography in Shutterbug Magazine, and also lets us know that his Death Valley travel and photo adventure for Dec 2-7 is already booking!…
- Christine Saiyan offers several ways for us to take care of ourselves and our loved ones this summer through her Monday night and Thursday morning yoga classes in Montrose, CA (first class free), and also through her “Step Into Bliss” massage and alignment workshop on Sunday, July 13…
- John Anderson provides us with a link to an article describing his abstract fine art in the Manhattan Arts blog; a must read…
Now here are the extended stories:
- Tamar Levine- Director, Photographer- World Premiere of “It’s Okay”
We are excited to announce that “It’s Okay”... premiered on June 19th at 4:30pm, as a part of the Power Play program at the Palm Springs International ShortFest.
- From Milka Broukhim, Graphic Artist- “Dear friends and colleagues, I am honored and excited to be part of a very exciting exhibition and the first show of its kind ever happening in California – bringing Arab and Iranian artists under one roof:
LOCAL / NOT LOCAL : Arabic & Iranian Typography, Made in California
Please join us… The show will be up till Aug 29th.
LOCAL / NOT LOCAL | محلی - غیر محلی
Arabic & Iranian Typography
M a d e i n C a l i f o r n i a
Curated by : Maece Seirafi & Pouya Jahanshahi
June 26 - Aug 29, 2014
Levantine Cultural Center
5998 West Pico Blvd, LA
"LOCAL / NOT LOCAL is an exhibition that showcases the works of Arabic and Iranian designers based in California. This connection is reflected in their work in the form of on-going client work from the Middle East, self initiated projects, or locally based client work. Bringing Arab and Iranian artists and designers under one roof, the point of this exhibit is to break the notion that Arabic and Iranian typography is only practiced in the Middle East. Arab and Iranian designers reveal through their design practice that Arabic and Iranian typography is alive in California through community based projects, collaborations,
and commercial work from abroad ,
#LOCAL / NOT LOCAL: Arabic & Iranian Typography Made in California
- Mark Alberhasky, Travel Photographer, and Medical Pathologist- “Here's a nice article the editor of Nikon World Magazine decided to write about me for Shutterbug.
Though it's a small photo, my Corvettes even made the cover. Fun!
Hope you enjoy it too.”
Also (from a later email): The Death Valley travel and photo adventure for Dec 2-7 is already booking!
MARK ALBERHASKY PHOTOGRAPHY • IMAGEMA.com
535 Redding View Ct NW • Atlanta, GA 30328
• Web: http://www.imagema.com
“Peace, Harmony & Well-Being-
I am offering several ways to take care of yourself and your loved ones this summer. Each Monday and Thursday I teach a one hour self-massage and relaxation class in Montrose! Also, two hour long workshops will be of great benefit to you! Set these dates into your regular self-care program!”
First Class Free!
Monday Nights- 6:00 to 7:15 P.M.
Thursday Mornings- 9:00 to 10:15 A. M
4105 Oceanview Blvd.
Montrose, CA 91020
“Step Into BLISS”
Yoga Tune up (R) Therapy Ball
Massage and Alignment Workshop
Sunday, July 13th.
1:30 - 3:30 PM
We will move through playful and challenging techniques that create spaciousness in the hip and shoulder joints, increase your range of movement, and show how to align yourself with consistent precision.
Register for this workshop
“When we gather to do yoga there is a healing wisdom that benefits everyone who participates.” - Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
- John Anderson, Photo Fine Artist, and Retired Lutheran Minister- “Tony: here's a link to a new featured article on my work:
Hope all is well with you.” John
John G. Anderson
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press, and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Pictures."
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals