- Our Winter SchmoozeFest will be held next week, on Thursday, January 9, from 6:30 to 9:30 P. M, at Art Center’s South Campus. Join us to see presentations from Marcy Craig, Angel Mendoza, and Tony Luna on their extraordinary trip to Cuzco, Peru and to Machu Picchu. All are invited for this free evening of inspiration and networking…
- Classes for the spring term at Art Center at Night begin Monday, January 13, and “Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part One- Discovering the Dream” starts on January 14 at 7:00 P.M. As of now there is plenty of room in the class so get the new year started out right by being a part of our career transition class…
- Harvey Chua lets us know how grateful she is for the assistance that has been given to those affected by the super Typhoon in the Philippines and the efforts that have begun in rehabilitation and rebuilding…
- Mark Harmel was noted in a LinkedIn communiqué as now being the Owner at Harmel Health Consulting + Photo…
Below are the complete stories:
It's SchmoozeFest time!
Our Winter SchmoozeFest will be held next week, on Thursday, January 9, from 6:30 to 9:30 P. M, at Art Center’s South Campus. This will be a special SchmoozeFest event because Marcy Craig, Angel Mendoza, and Tony Luna will be showing photos from their trip to Cuzco, Peru and to Machu Picchu in August. Their adventure included opportunities for each of them to follow their career goals and they will give you some insights into how the trip influenced them. Other attendees are invited to present their latest achievements as well, and the ten-minute presentations will be followed by an open networking session where all will be encouraged to exchange information.
|Angel Mendoza, Marcy Craig, and Tony Luna sharing a Chicha toast in Cusco, Peru to all our creative friends.|
|Marcy and Angel with Dr. George Miller at La Casa Concha Museum, Cusco.|
|Dr. George Miller and Tony in Machu Picchu.|
- Art Center at Night/Public Programs-
All of the great Art Center at Night/Public Program classes will begin Monday, January 13 and most of them will be at the Art Center at Night South Campus, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, California. In addition all three “Crafting a Meaningful Career” classes will be offered.
- The following classes will begin the week of January 13, 2014-
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Discovering the Dream" will run from Tuesday, January 14 to Tuesday, April 15, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two, Forming the Dream" will start Thursday, January 16 and run for six weeks to Thursday, February 27, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three, Fulfilling the Dream" begins Thursday, March 6 for six weeks and ends Thursday, April 10, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
For more information about these and other classes you may call Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at
And you can always contact Tony Luna at email@example.com.
- From Harvey Chua, Manager, Adphoto, Makati City, Philippines (Sent December 15, 2013)- “Thank you very much, Tony, for mentioning us, and writing about my appeal for help for our countrymen who suffered from the devastation caused by Super Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda, in the Philippines). The whole world has been very generous and quick to come to our rescue, and we are very grateful. After five weeks, we are ending relief operations and now going into the second phase, rehabilitation and rebuilding - which is a humungous task - considering many towns were completely wiped out. There will be psychosocial rehabilitation as well, as we try to help our people overcome the trauma brought upon, not just by loss of properties, but also loss of their other family members.
Merry Christmas to you and your family, and to your students.”
P.S. I read emails at 9am and 9pm. If you are sending something urgent, kindly
send me an sms or call me so I can check my emails sooner.
Harvey V. Chua
3688 Bautista Street, Palanan, Makati City 1235 Philippines
Office Tel. (63 2) 8316117
- From Mark Harmel, Photographer and Health Consultant- “Mark Harmel, MPH is now Owner at Harmel Health Consulting + Photo”
See you at the SchmoozeFest!
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email
email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Editor: "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPad
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals