Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The Fall/Winter SchmoozeFest will be held on Thursday, January 9, from 6:30 to 9:30, at the Art Center South Campus…
- Give the gift of career rejuvenation. Registration for the Spring 2014 classes at the Art Center at Night classes is now open and classes begin the week of January 13…
- A photo of the graduates of Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Fall 2013, at the celebratory dinner at Mijares Mexican Restaurant…
- Harvey Chua gives us an update on the conditions in the Philippines after the devastation of typhoon Haiyan. She and her photographer husband, John, have been involved in after the disaster. She reminds us to please keep up the support for the relief efforts…
- Christine Saiyan invites us to participate in her stress relief yoga practices and to join in her workshop…
- Ezekiel Wheeler alerts us that his latest involvement, “Petrolicious,” is looking to hire a Full-Time Copy Editor/Writer who is crazy about cars…
- Soren Petersen reports on his progress on project developing a Design Balanced Scorecard approach and leveraging the work in Integrating Marketing and Technology which he has been leading in Hanyang, Korea…
- The Tony Luna family wishes you a wonderful Holiday Season!…
- The Fall/Winter SchmoozeFest will take place on January 9, from 6:30 to 9:30 at the Art Center South Campus. SchmoozeFests are usually held the last week of the Art Center term but, because there is a shortened time between the end of the term and Christmas, it was decided to move the presentation and networking event to early January, the week before the beginning of the spring term. In addition we will be meeting in Room M-1 because our usual room, B-36, will be under reconstruction. All are welcome including those who have not taken the Crafting a Meaningful Career classes and would like to find out about them.
Give the gift of career rejuvenation!
Registration for the Spring 2014 term classes at Art Center at Night began December 2 so you can sign up now for any of our classes and/or you can encourage your friends to take advantage of the class offerings. All classes will be at the Art Center at Night South Campus (950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, California). All three Crafting a Meaningful Career classes will be offered. (See full "Course Descriptions" below).
- The following classes will begin the week of January 13, 2014-
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Discovering the Dream" will run from Tuesday, January 14 to Tuesday, April 15, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two, Forming the Dream" will start Thursday, January 16 and run for six weeks to Thursday, February 27, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three, Fulfilling the Dream" begins Thursday, March 6 for six weeks and ends Thursday, April 10, 7:00 to 10:00 P. M.
For more information about these and other classes you may call Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at
And you can always call me, Tony Luna, about the substance of the courses at 818-842-5490.
|Graduates of our Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One for the Fall of 2013 at our celebratory dinner. Congratulations!|
- From Harvey Chua, Manager, Adphoto, Makati City, Philippines (sent 11/20/13)- “Thank you, Tony. We're continuing to help with the rescue and relief operations for the survivors of Typhoon, doing mostly coordination work. Yesterday, I introduced to our friends at the Air Force two doctors from Taiwan who are here to explore where they can hold their medical missions.
Since there was already a Children's Activity Area, we decided to just join them, and direct donations and volunteers to them.
I have been working as un-official reposter of posts on Facebook on the relief and rescue activities being undertaken. I echo all the good news and the announcements on help being given to, or needed by, survivors - the outpouring of love (unfortunately, also of criticisms) is tremendous.
Last time, I told you about the baby being born after the typhoon being called Haiyan. Well, another baby who was delivered by Israeli medical team was named "Israel" by its grateful parents.
Life goes on. God is good!
Thank you very much for your concern.
P.S. I read emails at 9am and 9pm. If you are sending something urgent, kindly
send me an sms or call me so I can check my emails sooner.
Harvey V. Chua
3688 Bautista Street, Palanan, Makati City 1235 Philippines
Office Tel. (63 2) 8316117
- Christine Saiyan, Yoga Instructor and Graphic Designer-
Feeling stressed? Try this amazing workshop that will teach you how to release the tension trapped in your body. Using therapy balls, you can give yourself a massage whenever you'd like one, and counteract the effects of long days on your feet or at the computer. You control the pressure to generate a deep tissue or gentle massage; you control the pace and your arms will never get tired. In a relaxed environment, Christine Saiyan will guide you through ball rolling techniques that will help you become more aware of your bodily tension and resolve that tension by working connective tissue and muscles. Therapy balls can be borrowed the day of or purchased for $10. Space is limited.
Saturday, December 14th from 1 - 3pm (For future workshops contact Christine)
Instructor: Christine Saiyan
- From Ezekiel Wheeler, Automotive Culture Consultant-
Petrolicious is Hiring:
Petrolicious Seeks a Full-Time Copy Editor/Writer
Do you have a genuine love for cars and automotive writing, and want to become part of an energetic creative team dedicated to high-quality, tasteful automotive content? If so, then Petrolicious might be the place for you. We are looking for a passionate, highly organized, and detail-oriented Copy Editor and Writer reporting to the Editor/Publisher.
- From Soren Petersen, Engineer, Automotive Designer, Design Researcher, PhD- “Hi Tony, Thank you for the update.
Here we just concluded a project developing a Design Balanced Scorecard approach, which is aligned with a firm’s innovation strategy. We worked together with Brigitte Borja de Mozota (director of research at Parsons Paris School of Art and Design) and the result is featured in The Huffington Post:
Now we are leveraging this work in Integrating Marketing and Technology. We plan to use a combination of crowdsourcing and gamification for uncovering need – technology opportunities. The research here is in progress and is expected to be finished end of February. It will be the culmination of the past years design research at Hanyang, where several researchers, in Korea and abroad, has been instrumental.
Have a good week.”
- From my wife, Paula, my granddaughter, Delaney, and me, to you and yours, may you have a wonderful Holiday Season!
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email
firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Editor: "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPad
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals