Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The Summer SchmoozeFest is in one week! Make sure to get your work together so you can share it our presentation and networking event Thursday, August 8, from 6:30 to 9:30 at the Art Center South Campus…
- Our current "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One-Discovering the Dream" class members have been delivering their "Asset Matching" exercises and discovering new career opportunities for themselves…
- Gail Mooney announces that her inspiring, award winning documentary film, "Opening Our Eyes" is now available for purchase on DVD…
- Christine Saiyan let's in on an incredible opportunity to join her on a yoga retreat to Italy in May, so start planning…
- Soren Petersen invites us to collaborate with him on his research regarding design driven entrepreneurship, and other design oriented research topics…
- Christine Caldwell informs us that the photographic prints she contributed to Heal the Bay's annual Bring Back the Beach gala benefit helped towards raising a million dollars for the worthy cause, and her work has been selected for sale at the Aquarium of the Pacific…
- Bret Ferrante and Anderson Allamby will be at the Summer SchmoozeFest to offer information on financial planning for business start-ups and other financial topics…
- Anna Berkal reminds us that Art Center College of Design has twelve job openings available. Check them out...
The Summer SchmoozeFest!
- The next SchmoozeFest is scheduled for Thursday, August 8 at Art Center's South Campus, 950 South Raymond Street, from 6:30 to 9:30 P.M.. Start getting ready to present your latest accomplishments to fellow like-minded creative entrepreneurs at our free
presentation and networking event to be held in Room #B-36 (where we normally hold our classes). Feel free to invite a friend who may be interested in taking the classes. And don't forget to bring business cards!
http://www.tonylunacreative.com, or calling Tony Luna at 818-842-5490, or contacting Art Center-Public Programs at 626-396-2319.
- From Gail Mooney, Director/Photographer/Humanitarian:
We are proud to announce that Opening Our Eyes is now available on DVD!
About "Opening Our Eyes":
Every day… All around the world…Ordinary people are doing extraordinary things.
In the summer of 2010, mother/daughter filmmakers Gail Mooney and Erin Kelly embarked on a 99-day journey around the globe. They were seeking ordinary people, who were making a positive difference in the world.
This documentary tells the stories of nine people on six continents who are making our world a better place through the power of ONE.
If you are interested in hosting a screening at a school, church or community center see details here, http://www.openingoureyes.net/host-a-screening/
- From Christine Saiyan, Yoga Instructor and Graphic Designer-
Yoga Retreat to Italy!
Gabriella’s Borgo is a recently renovated medieval village, close to Casole d’Elsa and Volterra, in the Tuscan countryside. The wonderful host, Gabriella, will charm and welcome you at arrival as if seeing an old friend again. The yoga room is a large room (about 90 square meters) with tile floor and natural light. Students need to bring their own mats and props. The room has been used by many musicians as a rehearsal space so it has an interesting energy.
The small, charming town of Casole d’Elsa is a hub for contemporary artists and is about 10 minutes drive from Gabriella’s Borgo.
Mon, May 12, 2014, 3:30pm – Mon, May 19, 2014, 4:30pm GMT-07:00
For information call Christine at 818-761-1705
- From Soren Petersen, Engineer, Automotive Designer, Design Researcher, PhD- "Greetings, Trust all is well and that you are enjoying your summer.
The past half year in Seoul has been an amazing experience. The Koreans are kind, helpful and very creative. Their culture and transportation system is second to none and, thus far, I have visited thirty-four museums, thirty-two galleries, six palaces, seven temples and six churches, and am now inspired for life.
Teaching and research has been very rewarding as well and major progress has been made in understanding designers’ risk perception, preferences and how this influences their decision-making. For a brief description, please see Design, Technology & Innovation Management - Korean Style:
Now we ask for your inspirational ideas for fall research topics. So far we are considering exploring:
- Design driven entrepreneurship/startups
- Leveraging the design process to build dynamic capabilities
- Applying behavioral economics to manage the innovation process
We welcome your creative ideas as well as any potential collaborators.
Keep cool and look forward to hear from you.
Your participation in this project would be greatly appreciated. You can join the conversation on our LinkedIn group here:
- From Christine Caldwell, Fine Art Photographer- "A couple of months ago I contributed art work to Heal the Bay's annual Bring Back the Beach gala benefit and auction held at the Jonathan Beach Club in Santa Monica. The event was a huge success! I am pleased to report that my donation of two framed cyanotype prints helped Heal the Bay raise over one million dollars for programs that work towards cleaner beaches and oceans. To be honest, there was plenty of
great art auctioned at the event and my work did not raise the million dollars by themselves :), however it is quite fulfilling to help out such a wonderful cause.
Additionally, my cyanotypes have been selected by the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Arts Council for Long Beach to be displayed and sold in the Aquarium's newly remodeled gift store. I am so excited! My note cards and cyanotype prints
will be seen by upwards of 1.5 million annual visitors!
I hope you are having a fantastic summer!
- From Bret Ferrante, Financial Advisor
AXIANTA Financial Partners, is an independent financial service marketing company based out of Woodland Hills, California. Our goal is to take an educational approach and deliver our financial expertise to people from all walks of life.
Our firm does not require a certain net worth or a minimum investment to get started. We will provide a free financial plan for anyone who needs help or feels they are being overlooked by the traditional financial services industry.
AXIANTA has a team of associates who present many different financial strategies. AXIANTA's associates walk their clients through a six-step process to help them address financial goals and solutions. Whether the goal is starting a new business, saving for retirement, preparing for a child’s education, getting out of debt or passing on a legacy, AXIANTA's associates work with clients to help them move from Dreaming to Doing.®
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources, Art Center College of Design
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Library Assistant, temporary/part-time
· Film Facilities Coordinator
· Prop Room Supervisor
· Coordinator, Center for Educational Effectiveness
· Coordinator, Educational Partnership and Study Away
· Internship Coordinator
· Human Resources Assistant, part-time
· Managing Director, Library
· Assistant Director of Development
· Director of Financial Aid
· Director of Graduate Admissions
· Assistant Director, Prospect Research and Database Management
For more information about these positions, please see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp or contact Human Resources.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
That's it for now. Thanks to all for the contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Editor: "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPad
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals