- The summer term at Art Center College of Design will begin May 13, and "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One- Discovering the Dream" will start on Tuesday, May 14 and run for fourteen weeks. As of now there is still room for a more participants in the class so you are urged to sign up now and learn how you can meet other mid-career professionals and learn how to take your career to the next level.
- In this update you will find photos of the Spring SchmoozeFest held at Art Center's South Campus on April 18. Photographer Steve Scudder presented photos of his newly designed sound stage at his Rancho Cucamonga studio and he also showed slides of the stables he and his wife now own. Congratulations to Steve as he continues to live his dreams!
- Jeff Burke extends an invitation to join him tomorrow, Saturday, when we he opens his studio doors (BurkeTriolo Studio) in South Pasadena to host a music stage and to show his recent work and the work of several artists during the South Pasadena Eclectic Music and Art Festival…
- Christine Saiyan continues to offer hikes in the surrounding area mountains. On April 28 she conducted a hike in Echo Mountain which started at East Loma Alta Drive and Lake Avenue in Pasadena. To find out more about her next hike, and her yoga classes in Glendale, contact her…
- Suzie Buchholz will be displaying her work at The Centennial Art Salon of 2013, in Sausalito, California. The show of which she is a part will be Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5, from 2:00 to 5:00 P. M., and will be open to the public with free admission…
- Nathan See once again invites you get a free introductory issue of Bok-eh, his new online magazine on the Art and Life of Photography...
- "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One- Discovering the Dream" taught by Tony Luna will begin Tuesday May 14 and end August 13.
Ask yourself, "Isn't it time to shake things up and reach deeper into my talent?" Based on the principles laid out in his book, "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" (Allworth Press), Tony Luna has created this engaging class on career revitalization. Join the class to be inspired, to find support for your next career adventure, and to network with other sophisticated creative professionals.
To find out more about taking any of the classes Crafting a Meaningful Career or any of the other exciting Art Center at Night classes, which start on the week of May 13, contact ACN at 626-396-2319, or click on http:www.artcenter.edu/atnight/.
You may also call Tony Luna at 818-842-5490. If you are eager to make a positive move for your career, or if you know of someone who could benefit from such a class get in touch now and sign up as soon as possible.
Keep in mind the following quote commonly attributed to George Elliot, "It's never too late to be the person you might have been."
- Spring SchmoozeFest update in photos:
|Steve Scudder shows a slide of the shooting space at his Inland Empire Studios|
|The entrance to Baker Scudder Farms in Rancho Cucamonga.|
- Jeff Burke, Photographer, Artist- Hi Tony, Please join us this Saturday when we once again open our studio doors to host a music stage and show our recent work.
South Pasadena Eclectic Music & Art Festival
Featuring the Emerging Artists Stage at BurkeTriolo Studio
538 Mission Street, South Pasadena, CA
Saturday, May 4, 2-10pm
Impressaria Marla Burke has arranged an exciting lineup of young talent to grace the stage by the pond.
Emerging Artists' Stage Lineup:
. Torches- whenever 'til closing
. Tapioca and the Flea- Sometime around 7
. Mt. Ossa- Closer to 6
. Jacaranda Red- Just after 3:30
. Phoebe Bridgers- Promptly at 2:30
. DJ sets by Conway Stiles
- I'll be showing new work just back from my recent show 'The Paradise Circus.'
. N!xau and Reynard, 2013
I'll also be previewing Mission Street 2013, a work in progress unlike any of my other work. The final 20' long print gets rolled into a tube and buried in the city's time vault this June, to be opened in 75 years.
Since our event is part of the South Pas Eclectic Music Festival and Art Walk, a shuttle travels between our studio and the other music and art venues. It's a fun day and evening, and we hope that you can join us.
- From Christine Saiyan, Yoga Instructor and Graphic Designer- Good morning, Every week is a new exploration to enjoy the fresh air in the gorgeous mountains... Two weeks ago she led a group and "We had a blast! We climbed up the canyon to be right behind the Hollywood sign. This week we will be on the trail for yet another great workout!"
Last week she took her hiker up Echo Mountain and the group met at East Loma Alta Drive and Lake Avenue in Altadena, CA. at 8:30 Sunday morning.
For information on future hikes call her at 818-468-8724
Thank you & have a great day!
- Suzie Buchholz- Fine Artist, will be featured among nine other artists at the "Salon 2013, Glorious California: The Art of the Golden State" The Centennial Art Salon of 2013 art show in Sausalito, CA. from 2:00 to 5:00 on Saturday and Sunday, May 4 and 5. The event is open to the public with free admission. Proceeds from art sales will benefit the Preservation Society.
120 Central Avenue
- From Nathan See, Photographer/Publisher of Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an E-zine-
Tony, Hey just wanted to forward you the latest volume of the magazine.
You can blast this offer code to your people: bokehfriends
The link above is how to use the code. Hope all is well.
Thanks for all the support.
(Editor's note: Contributing Consultants and Columinists to Bok-eh are Ken Merfeld and Tony Luna)
Thanks to all for the great contributions!
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Creative Consultant: Photoheadonline; Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an e-zine
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals