Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- Christine Caldwell invites us to the Opening Reception for a showing of her work "Nature LA: Cyanotypes by Christine Caldwell this Saturday, March 9, 6:30 to 9:00, at The G2 Gallery in Venice, CA, and the show which will run from March 5 to April 21...
- Christine Saiyan asks anyone interested to join her in a hike this Sunday, March 10 (location to be determined) at 9:15 A. M., and also requests our readers to write back with a sentence on "What makes you feel GOOD?"…
- Tamar Levine lets us know that she will be speaking at the Apple Store, Santa Monica Promenade, on March 21st, 7:30 P. M. with Jennie Warren as the Moderator...
- Zelda Harrison informs us that she will be teaching a 12 week class titled, AnthroDesign & Culture through the UCLA Extension UX Certificate Program, starting on April 3…
- Nathan See sends along the offer code to gain access to the latest issue, Volume 4, of Bokeh magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, a must read…
- Anna Berkal lets us know that there are ten job positions that need to be filled through the Art Center College of Design Human Resources Department...
Nature LA: Cyanotypes by Christine Caldwell
March 5 to April 21, 2013
Saturday, March 9, 2013
6:30 to 9:00 P. M.
RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
G2 will be celebrating their 5th. Anniversary during the Opening Reception
Hors d'oeuvres and wine will be served
Complimentary Valet Parking
$10.00 admission at door will benefit environmental charities
You can also view New Work at http://www.illuminatednegatives.com
The G2 Gallery
1503 Abbott Kinney Boulevard
Venice, CA 90291
Sunday-Thursday, 11:00 to 7:00 P. M.
Friday and Saturday, 11:00 to 9:00 P. M.
- From Christine Saiyan, Yoga Instructor and Graphic Designer
What does Living to the Fullest mean to You?
What makes you feel GOOD?
"Forever trust in who you are, and nothing else matters!"
Please reply back with a sentence, It'll only take one minute.
Also hike on March 10th. at 9:15 A. M. Message me for details, 818-468-8724
Thank you & have a great day!
- From Tamar Levine, Fashion Photographer- Hi Tony!…I will be speaking at the Apple Store on March 21st, at the Santa Monica Promenade at 7:30 P. M., so please feel free to pass along the word to your students! I will be showing some work, doing a Q&A, and speaking about how I make my images. Jennie Warren will be moderating/asking the questions.
Hope all is great with you!
- From Zelda Harrison, Graphic Designer, Instructor
Spring Forward and Expand Your Horizons with a UCLA Extension UX Certificate Offering:
AnthroDesign & Culture
Registration is now open. Catch the EarlyBird special before March 3.
This is a 12wk class starting on April 3, 2013.
The course uses anthropological observation techniques to obtain an informed understanding of the end user. Topics include user research, techniques used in evaluating cultural structures and values, prototype creation, and using anthropological observation techniques to develop a creative brief.
To sign up or learn more about this class visit this link:
Never ask a Designer to Design a Bridge
Ask a Designer to Design a way to Cross the Water
- From Nathan See, Photographer/Publisher of Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an E-zine
Tony, Hey just wanted to forward you the latest volume of the magazine.
You can blast this offer code to your people: bokehfriends
The link above is how to use the code. Hope all is well.
Thanks for all the support.
- From Anna Berkel, Generalist, Human Resources, Art Center College of Design
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Web/Multimedia Editor
· Director of Educational Technology
· Teaching Fellowship in the Histories of Art, Media and Design (deadline March 15)
· Technical Support Analyst II
· Chair, Undergraduate Fine Art (deadline March 18 or until filled)
· Director of Admissions Outreach & Communications
· Director of Analytics and Prospect Management
· Assistant Director, Prospect Research and Database Management
· Director of Graduate Admissions
· Director of Development
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
Thanks to all for the contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Creative Consultant: Photoheadonline; Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an e-zine
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals