Friday, February 15, 2013
Tony Luna Creative- Update 2-15-13
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One" class participant Puneet Thakar describes the innovative design he created for a 350 square foot residence for six people in India. Puneet is one of six highly talented and accomplished members of the class who are enthusiastic about taking their careers to the next level.
To find out how you may enroll in the class for the summer term contact Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or click on http:www.artcenter.edu/atnight/. You may also call Tony Luna at 818-842-5490.
Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- Anne Reeves announces the Powerful Presentations class, Wednesday, February 20, through Art Center's Public Programs in which she will be one of the highly skilled presentation coaches…
- John Anderson has forwarded us a look at a beautiful new art piece he has created…
- Soren Petersen has let us know that he has been selected to be the new visiting professor at the Hanyang University in Seoul, teaching 'Design, Technology & Innovation Management' and conducting research into how design quantification, behavioral economics and persuasive technologies can help solve pressing world challenges.
- JT Burke informs us of new series of images he calls "The Paradise Circus" and that he will be showing large format prints at The Los Angeles Art Association's Gallery 825, and he invites us to the Opening Reception on February 23 from 6-9:00 P. M…
- Jacqueline David provides us with information on her new accounting service for creative professionals called, Your Back Office…
- Ethan Hill introduces us to a new portfolio on the web site, and "virtual gallery space for smaller experimental personal projects and edits of larger projects" called TEMPORARY…
- From Anne Reeves, Presentation Coach, and Principal at Shimokochi-Reeves Branding and Package Design-
"Whether you're selling a product, pitching an idea, delivering a report or proposing a plan, you not only have to get your message across—it needs to impact your audience in a way that's both powerful and memorable.
To do that takes more than just getting up in front of a room and talking. If you want to persuade your audience, move them, stir them and inspire them to action—then it's not just what you say but how you say it that matters.
Led by a team of expert speakers, Powerful Presentations: "How to Tell It So You Can Sell It" can help you improve your public presentation skills by focusing on three essential factors that impact how your message will be perceived: Words, Voice, Visuals."
Wed., February 20, 2013
Powerful Presentations · #ACN-589W
Art Center at Night
Art Center College of Design
950 South Raymond Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
For more information or to register:
Click REGISTER NOW
Search For (Key Word): Enter Powerful Presentations
- From John Anderson- Fine Art Photographer and Retired Lutheran Minister- "Tony: …I just finished reading Seth Godin's new book: THE ICARUS DECEPTION, and I highly recommend it for all artists. It's about art in the broader sense, but it addresses many issues we face.
Hope all is well with you.
…I'm attaching a new image for you."
Image title: "Dove Ascending"
John G. Anderson
- From Soren Ingomar Petersen- Engineer, Automotive Designer, Design Researcher PhD- "The past years’ work on bridging business and design has resulted in some innovative methods for leveraging design in business model experimentation (see: http://www.ingomar.net/businessmodel-01.html). Next step for me is a year visiting professorship at the Hanyang University in Seoul, teaching 'Design, Technology & Innovation Management' and conducting research into how design quantification, behavioral economics and persuasive technologies can help solve pressing world challenges. If you are interested in collaborating please email me on: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- From JT Burke, Fine Artist, Photographer- "Hi Tony,
I'll be showing new work at Gallery 825
Opening Saturday 2/23, 6-9pm
Since last fall I've been working on a new series of images called 'The Paradise Circus.' It's an evolution of my past work that features surreal figures framed with my ever-present bling in a style that I'm calling 'Bespoke Rapture.' I'll be showing large format prints of the first 5 new pieces from the series plus other recent work at
The Los Angeles Art Association
825 La Cienega Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
Opening reception Saturday, Feb 23 6-9pm
Exhibition continues through Mar 22, 2013
Read more about the new work at my blog, http://burketriolo.blogspot.com/ or see more images online.
I hope that you're able to join me for the opening.
From Jacqueline David, Chief Technoccountant, Providing "Account-ability!"- "Hi Tony, Thanks for including me in your blog. Here is [the information on Your Back Office, my accounting service, for creative firms and creative professionals].
Your Back Office is your partner accounting firm for developing and established creative services firms, such as architecture, advertising, or graphic design.
As our name implies we are "your back office" in terms of sending out invoices to your clients, paying bills, reconciling bank and credit card accounts, properly recording your business transactions for tax return preparation. In addition we will work with you to set goals and develop reports to either get your business off the ground or take it to the next level. We feel that we are a partner with you and will make introductions, where appropriate to our other clients and contacts to help you achieve your goals.
We invite you to look at our website http://www.yourbackoffice.ca or send us an e-mail at email@example.com for more information.
Thanks again. Hope to see you soon."
Your Back Office
- Ethan Hill, Fine Artist and Photographer- "Hello everyone, I wanted to announce a new portfolio on the web site called TEMPORARY.
TEMPORARY is going to function as a virtual gallery space for smaller experimental personal projects and edits of larger projects that have sat in the metaphoric drawer for a while.
TEMPORARY opens with 'The Helmar Lerski Project,' a lighting experiment shot over the course of last year inspired by the work of the photographer Helmar Lerski. If you're interested in seeing the project, please feel free to visit: http://www.ethanhill.com
And, for any of you reading this who have know me for longer than about 4 seconds, you'll know that I have a very keen interest in book binding. I've been working on making books and boxes at home for years, but with the exception of very few people, no one has ever seen any of the them. Sort of like invisible-boyfriend-syndrome. 'He says he's dating someone, but we've NEVER met him!' Well, a book was made of this work and if you'd like to see images of it in a web gallery, please visit here: http://www.ethanhill.com/data/web/1-helmarlerskibookphotos/index.html
If we are not, and you would like to be, pals with me on Facebook, this is the guy you want...[good old Facebook inmate number 92754...that'll be me]: https://www.facebook.com/ethan.hill.92754
I am represented by the good people at: ReduxPictures / http://www.reduxpictures.com
If you'd like to see the book in person please feel free to contact them. Cheers.
Wonderful, innovative work by all! Thanks for the contributions.
Please remember to go to http://www.tonylunacreative.blogspot.com for the full story on any of the inspiring topics listed above. And tell your friends to check the blog so they may also be encouraged by the accomplishments of these talented artists.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Creative Consultant: Photoheadonline; Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an e-zine
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals
Posted by Tony Luna at 12:16 PM