Happy New Term!
Last week we began a new term at the Art Center College of Design Public Programs and our class, "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One-Discovering the Dream" is off to a great start. We have six highly sophisticated and talented creative professionals enrolled and it will look forward to some wonderful discoveries for all involved. In addition there is one participant in "CMC-Part Two-Forming the Dream" who is taking the information from the first class and beginning to create a highly useful business plan for a new career direction.
To find out more about taking any of the classes in the future contact ACN at 626-396-2319, or click on http:www.artcenter.edu/atnight/.
You may also call Tony Luna at 818-842-5490. If you are eager to take your career to the next level, or if you know of someone who could benefit from such a class make sure you take the first step and inquire.
Keep in mind the following quote commonly attributed to George Elliot, "It's never too late to be the person you might have been."
Here is a synopsis of what is in this Update:
- Peter Di Sabatino announces Tenure-track and Visiting positions in Architecture, Interior Design, Design Management, Foundations, and other areas at the American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emerites...
- Izabela Berengut Vitanza introduces us to her beautiful "Jewelry with a Meaning" available through Esty...
- Chris Garlington invites us to read his Peace Report, a response to the Newton tragedy, and to get involved...
- Mark Alberhasky lets us know how to subscribe painlessly to his blog...
- Erv Nichols and Sandra Noll, Photographers, Naturalists share more of their amazing nature photos from Northern California…
- From Peter di Sabatino- Dean of the College of Architecture, Art and Design at the American University of Sharjah. Sharjah is the emirate next to (north of) Dubai in the United Arab Emirates (UAE)
Peter Di Sabatino has sent you a message.
Subject: New Faculty Positions
The College of Architecture, Art and Design at the American University is searching for new faculty (Tenure-track and Visiting positions are available) in Architecture, Interior Design, Design Management, Foundations, and other areas in art and design. To see the full list and detailed information please link to the ads via http://www.aus.edu/caadsearch. Please note that questions and submissions should be directed to the faculty search committee. Please feel free to share this with your network, and best of luck if you choose to apply.
- From Izabela Vitanza Berengut- THE iv JEWELRY - Designs by Izabela Berengut Vitanza. This link is for The iV Jewelry Etsy Shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/THEivJEWELRY. THEivJEWELRY... Jewelry with a Meaning!
-From Chris Garlington, on The Peace Report
"Hello from Chris. As we all endure this tragedy in Newtown, I felt compelled to write a report on peace. If you feel compelled to read it [send an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org]. Some ideas are far fetched, others could be possible immediately. You are welcome to share it as well, if you wish. If you do read it, your feedback is welcome. Thank you.
With appreciation and gratitude,
Chris Ian Garlington"
Voice | Text @ 310 579 5069
- From Mark Alberhasky, Medical Pathologist and Travel Photographer
"...Happy New Year to all my photo friends.
It's been over a year since I sent out a blog announcement mailing. A number of you have even written asking why I had removed your email from my mailing list. The fact is I never did. I, like all of you, am sensitive about receiving unwanted and/or unsolicited email. So a while back I decided to stop sending email announcements for each new blog post. The fact that you haven't heard from me reflects that decision.
But I'm happy to announce that I've found a way to enable an email announcement subscription feature. Anyone who wants to subscribe will automatically receive an email each time I post. Those choosing not to do so can just occasionally visit the site if they prefer. It seems like a win-win situation so I'm moving forward with it.
It just so happens there are several recent blog posts up so it's a good time to visit and subscribe if you're so inclined. When you click into the actual page for the individual blog post you'll see 'Subscribe' note on the right hand side of the page about half way down. There is a field where you'll enter your email address. After clicking Subscribe you'll shortly get a confirm email containing a link to verify your ownership of the address and your desire to subscribe. That's it. Pretty painless.
I look forward to seeing a lot of friends opt in and keep in touch automatically in the future.
IMAGEMA / Mark Alberhasky Photography
- From Erv Nichols and Sandra Noll, Photographers, Naturalists- Some more beautiful images from their travels in Northern California:
Looks like we are off to a great start to the new year filled with creativity and promise!
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive monthly notices of these TLC Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Creative Consultant: Photoheadonline; Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an e-zine
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals