- The Fall SchmoozeFest! is this Thursday, December 13, from 6:30 to 9:30 P. M., at the Art Center South Campus (950 South Raymond Street, Pasadena, CA- Room #B-38).
As in the past our Fall SchmoozeFest will be a chance for the attendees to deliver an up to ten minute presentation on what they have been up to creatively and the presentations will be followed by an open networking session where everyone can meet and exchange their business cards and/or marketing materials. It is always a lively event and we hope to see you there for an evening of inspiration and to enjoy the conviviality of our creative community.
- Registration for the Spring term for Art Center at Night is ongoing so you can sign up for any of the three "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes, as well as any of the other exciting classes at Art Center at Night.
To find out more about taking any of the classes, which start on January 14, 2013, contact ACN at 626-396-2319, or click on http:www.artcenter.edu/atnight/.
You may also call Tony Luna at 818-842-5490. If you are eager to take your career to the next level, or if you know of someone who could benefit from such a class get in touch now and sign up as soon as possible.
Keep in mind the following quote commonly attributed to George Elliot, "It's never too late to be the person you might have been."
Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The Fall SchmoozeFest will be held Thursday, December 13, from 6:30 to 9:30 at Art Center's South Campus…
- Registration is underway for the Spring 2013 term at Art Center at Night…
- "Crafting a Meaningful Career's" Part One- Discovering the Dream, Part Two- Forming the Dream, and Part Three- Fulfilling the Dream, is a series of classes that will help you to discover a meaningful career path and how to jump on it. Sign up now and look forward to a fulfilling new year.
- Members of a past CMC class have a one year reunion…
- Shirin Raban invited Tony Luna to speak to her class of graphic art, illustration, entertainment design, and photography students at California State University- Northridge the last week of November…
- More beautiful pictures of nature from Erv Nichols and Sandra Noll…
Now here's the rest of the stories...
|Shirin Raban with a copy of her graphic Curriculum Vitae|
- Shirin Raban- Graphic Artist and Instructor at Cal State University- Northridge invited Tony Luna to deliver a lecture to her students in late November. The title of the lecture was "Life After Graduation" and he outlined the four most commonly asked questions graduating students ask just before they leave school. Her students asked relevant questions about what employers are looking for and how they can get a good start in a promising career. It was a rewarding experience all the way around.
- Members of the Fall 2011 "Crafting a Meaningful Career" gathered for a reunion at Saladang Restaurant in Pasadena recently. It was great to see how they have stayed together to keep encouraging each other and have continued to be supportive of each others ventures. The event was organized by Suzanne Weinstein--thanks Suzanne!--and attended by all the members of the class. You are encouraged to follow in their footsteps and stay in touch with your former CMC classmates so you can help each other to achieve your goals!
- Erv Nichols and Sandra Noll, Photographers, Naturalists- Erv and Sandra have been sending in photos of their adventures and they have to be shared, so here are a few, along with the following note from Erv.
"Sometimes I forget how lucky we are to live in these beautiful places!"
Keep up your important work!
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Creative Consultant: Photoheadonline; Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography, an e-zine
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals