"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up." -Pablo Picasso
- Registration for the fall term at Art Center at Night will begin August 13. That includes registering for "Crafting a Meaningful Career" Parts One, Two and Three. Contact ACN at 626-396-2319, or at http:www.artcenter.edu/atnight/. And you may also call Tony Luna at 818-842-5490.
- "Experience ACN"- From Dana Walker, Managing Director, Public Programs, Art Center at Night- "Hi all, 'Experience ACN' is just around the corner. These informal classroom visits will take place the last week of classes on August 13, 14, + 15 from 7-9 pm at South Campus."
- The next "SchmoozeFest" will be held Thursday, August 16, from 6:30 to 9:30 at the Art Center South Campus. Start putting together any materials on your new career involvement that you wish to present to your fellow SchmoozeFesters!
- From Marcy James, Costumer/Stylist for Motion Pictures and Television- "Hey Tony: Costumer/Stylist with excellent credit and references, seeking a rental situation on West side of Los Angeles. Price range open to $1500 per month. Responsible, dependable designer looking for a community that makes a difference. Call/text Marcy 310.600.5211."
- From Al Satterwhite, Photographer- Scott Mc Kiernan presents a KONA Gallery exhibition, "The Racers" July 12 to September 12 with the Opening Night, Saturday, July 21, 6 P. M. to Midnight.
"Come visit the gallery show to kick off the launch of my new book, "The Racers" opens this Saturday in San Clemente (1-hour South of Los Angeles). Come on down and drink some tequila and look at the 55 prints I made - who knows, maybe a few drivers will show up."
- From Tamar Levine, Fashion Photographer- "Hello! I am humbled and thrilled to be one of ten finalists in the New Exposure Contest presented by Vogue, Bottega Veneta, and the RED Camera. Additionally I am honored to be the Facebook Fan Favorite. You can check out the winning images here. http://bottegaveneta.tumblr.com/post/27044616791/you-voted-massively-for-her-tamar-levine-is-the
As a part of the finalists project, RED loaned each of us the RED Epic-X Camera to use on our shoot. The entire series using this amazing camera can be found on my website, by clicking on the images below, or going to http://www.tamarlevine.com.
And as always, new work can be found on my website, tamarlevine.com.
Hope you are having a wonderful summer!
All the best,
- From Conrad T. Curtis, Filmmaker- "Hi All, First I wanted to thank you all for taking time out of your day to check out this email.
As you may or may not know, I graduated from the LA County High School for the Arts a few years ago, and I am on my way to graduate from Art Center this spring. I was also so fortunate to be involved with the most amazing internship program I have heard of to date with Warner Bros. and will hopefully be working there in the not so distant future. But all of these great things started with my time spent at LACHSA, and their amazing arts program which now, due to budget cuts, is in serious jeopardy.
For those of you not familiar with the school, the students go through grueling 8 hour days, the first half devoted to academics, and the second to Arts classes of their discipline. Budget cuts have now taken away the Friday arts classes, which are used for elective arts classes, and where I first was able to take Film classes.
The school now has an amazing Film program, and the link below will prove that point on it's own (it's a short film made by a Junior in the program - better story telling then most college students I've seen!!!)
"The Most Beautiful Thing" the Moodance 2012 Winner, Best Short Film, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP8psM4LWXk&feature=youtu.be
If you would be so generous, and know the importance of the arts in students lives, please take a moment to donate whatever you can to help continue the amazing education these dedicated and passionate students at http://www.saveourarts.org/
Please share this with anyone you think might be interested and have a wonderful day."
Conrad T. Curtis
That's it for now.
Remember to go to http://www.tonylunacreative.blogspot.com for the full story on any of the inspiring topics listed above. And tell your friends to check the blog so they may also be encouraged by the accomplishments of these talented artists.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Past Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals