Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
Here is a synopsis of the stories below:
- Ezekiel Wheeler sends us good news of his new job position. Congratulations "Zeke!" You are the perfect person for the job!…
- Justin Bastien provides with a link so he can share some of the photos from his assignment to the Cook Islands and Tahiti…
- Anne Reeves lets us know about the two presentation workshops she, and two other expert presenters, will be delivering at Art Center at Night June 13, and July 11…
- Shirin Rabin informs us about the online package design course she will be offering through UCLA Extension beginning June 26…
- Claudia Hehr tells us that she raised the necessary funds to participate in the Tanzania Project where she will be documenting the work of the non-profit "Artists for World Peace" at an orphanage in Kibosho.
- Anne Berkal notifies us of twelve job openings at the Art Center College of Design.
- From Ezekiel Wheeler, the new Online Editor for Eurotuner.com and Associate Editor of European Car Magazine- "Tony, I don't even know where to start?! Just a few short years ago we were discussing my life goals post Art Center and what I should be doing with my small website Automotive Styles. Today the past three years of hard work have paid off. I went in for an interview yesterday with Eurotuner.com and European Car Magazine and by the end of the hour I was offered the position of Online Editor and Assoicate Editor. It's still such a surreal experience. I start the job on Monday! Thank you for all your continued support and faith in my abilities… Onwards and upwards!"
Ezekiel C. Wheeler
Founder | Editor-in-Chief
- From Justin Bastien, Adventure and Individual Action Sports Photographer- "Here are a few photos to share of surfer and paddler JP Garcia. These photos were taken during a three week surf, paddle and sailing trip in Tahiti and the Cooks Islands. We spent a week in Tahiti with bad waves and strong winds, sailed for a week to the Cook Islands on a research vessel and then lucked out with some great conditions in the Cook Islands. Thanks JP for all of your help and being a pleasure to travel with."
- From Anne Reeves, Partner and Director of Marketing, Shimokochi-Reeves- "Hi Tony, Our next presentation skills workshop is June 13. Would you mind forwarding to anyone that may be interested?
This time we're also doing a LEVEL 2 specifically for those who have taken this first workshop.
Whether you're selling a product, pitching an idea, delivering a report or proposing a plan, you not only have to get your message across—it needs to impact your audience in a way that's both powerful and memorable.
To do that takes more than just getting up in front of a room and talking. If you want to persuade your audience, move them, stir them and inspire them to action—then it's not just what you say but how you say it that matters.
Led by a team of expert speakers, Powerful Presentations: How to Tell It So You Can Sell It can help you improve your public presentation skills by focusing on three essential factors that impact how your message will be perceived: Words, Voice, Visuals."
Wed., June 13, 2012
Powerful Presentations · #ACN-589W
And don't forget to check out our Level 2 class:
Powerful Presentations Level 2: Practice and Coaching, #ACN-601W
Wed., July 11, 2012
Art Center at Night
Art Center College of Design
950 South Raymond Avenue
Pasadena, CA 91105
Public Conference Room - Level 2
For more information or to register:
Click courses → register for courses
Search for (Key Word) "Powerful Presentations"
-From Shirin Raban, Package Design | Integrated Branding, Wingz Design- "Dear Friends and Students, I just want to let you know that I am teaching a hands on package design online this summer at UCLA Extension. I have taught this class many times and it is filled with audio visual demos and lectures on all aspects of package design. You will get to create portfolio pieces. I’d love to have you in class or if you know of someone who is interested, please pass on the info:
Package Design (online)
Instructor: Shirin Raban
Learn the function of packaging, including product protection, identity, advertising, safety and communication. This hands-on course focuses on developing and executing materials, concepts, and graphics appropriate for effective packaging, including logo design, type, and pictorial elements.
You will design portfolio pieces in the course."
Prerequisite: Core Design Concepts and Print and Graphic Communication Design Toolkit or equivalent.
June 26 - September 11
12 meetings total
Design Communication Arts
Reg # Y3761
- From Claudia Hehr, Photographer- "Tanzania-Project and blog launch: I am super excited to announce that I was able to exceed my fundraising goal on Indiegogo for the Tanzania Project ! I will be traveling to Tanzania at the end of July to document the work of non-profit "Artists for World Peace" at an orphanage in Kibosho. You can follow my endeavor on this blog: http://www.tanzania4two.com
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources, Art Center College of Design
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Associate Registrar
· Associate Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship
· Associate Director of Financial Aid
· Web/Multimedia Editor
· Regional Admissions Representatives — part-time (two positions)
· Shop Instructor — part-time/on-call
· Director of Graduate Admissions
· Human Resources Assistant — part-time
· Development Coordinator (Individual Giving)
· Director of Prospect Management and Research
· Director, Career and Professional Development
· Director of Development
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
That's it for now.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals