- Sign up now for the summer term "Crafting a Meaningful Career" Parts One, Two or Three, and for the other incredible classes offered at Art Center at Night. Classes begin the week of May 14 with "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One-Discovering the Dream" starting on Tuesday, May 15 at 7:00 P.M. Our classes won't interfere with your vacation plans as the subject matter will be worked around your schedule. A certain number of students must sign up before the class can be cleared to open, and right now there are seats available, so don't hesitate and take this amazing class and get started on the next step in your career! …
- If you would like to know more about the classes and the progress of our former students read the Classes and Testimonials by clicking on http://tonylunacreative.blogspot.com/2010/01/testimonials.html or by contacting email@example.com.
- Our Spring 2012 SchmoozeFest was a great success with a very talented group of creative people sharing their latest products and then networking and making new connections. The presentation topics ranged from an animatic on a new web site on global sustainability, to abstract painting and sculpture, a "Co-working" studio space, a web site on product design focusing on biomimicry, a blog site on effectively dealing with fear, jewelry as fine art, and more. It is always great getting incredible people together and seeing what they are developing. The next SchmoozeFest is tentatively scheduled for August 19 so stay tuned for confirmation of the date, and keep creating wonderful art!
You have one life to live; why not design your own most meaningful career?
- Gail Mooney thanks all those who voted for the "Opening Our Eyes" film documentary trailer which won the Bare Bones Film Festival "Best Trailer Competition." Congratulations! …
- John Anderson gives us the advance notice that the front cover and an article on him and his work will be featured in the next issue of Silvershotz, The International Journal of Fine Art Photography…
- Shirin Raban lets us know that her new label design for Fuji San Sushi has just launched in stores…
- Also from Shirin Raban, she informs us of her next class for UCLA Extension for the summer term, Advanced Package Design: Concept to Completion ...
- Anna Berkal notes that there are currently nine job opportunities being offered through the Human Resources Department at the Art Center College of Design...
Here are the updates!
- From Gail Mooney, Documentary Filmmaker and Humanitarian, "Good news this morning!
Thank you to all our devoted fans for helping us push the popularity vote this week in the BBIFMF.
Opening Our Eyes has won the 'Best Trailer Competition' for The Bare Bones International Film and Music Festival!"
- From John Anderson, Retired Lutheran Minister, and Fine Art Photographer- "Tony: Vol. 8 # 3 (of Silvershotz Magazine, The International Journal of Fine Art Photography) will be out sometime after second week of May. Good news in addition to the article, MY WORK IS THE COVER! (image attached). Hope all is well with you. Thanks again for your encouragement to get this far. I'm hopeful this will open many doors for me. John"
John G. Anderson
- From Shirin Raban, Graphic Design and Branding Consultant- "Dear Friends, I am pleased to announce that my new design for Fuji San sushi packaging labels is launched in the stores. Here are some photos.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Package Design | Integrated Branding Wingz Design
2120 Kerwood Avenue, Los Angeles, California 90025
phone 310.553.2373 . mobile 310.869.5198
- And further from Shirin:
"Dear Friends and Students,
I like to remind you that my workshop on Package Design,
this Spring Quarter at UCLA Extension, is in 2 weeks!
Please sign up if you are interested or pass on the information to your friends who would like to learn about packaging:
Advanced Package Design: Concept to Completion
This is a hands on workshop open to all design students. You don’t need previous packaging experience or courses to attend. The reason it is called Advanced Packaging is because it provides the opportunity to create a branding portfolio piece consisting of three items. The workshop includes a comprehensive overview of the package design process from concept to completion through audio visual lectures, a field trip to Whole Foods, group exercises in defining objectives, critique, individual sketches and computer design that will be transformed to real 3 dimensional packages through production and mock-up processes demonstrated and practiced in class.
Design Communication Arts
Reg # Y1686
May 12 and May 19
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources, Art Center College of Design
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Administrative Assistant—Public Programs
· Teaching Fellowship in the Histories of Art, Media and Design
· Development Coordinator (two positions)
· Director of Recruitment
· Technical Support Analyst
· Assistant Registrar
· Director of Prospect Management and Research
· Director, Career and Professional Development
· Director of Development
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press