Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The "Crafting a Meaningful Career" Part One, and Part Three classes are in full swing for the Spring term at the Art Center College of Design-Public Programs. The Part One students are finishing up their Timeline assignments and the Part Three participants are continuing to work on their Business Plan/Life Plan documents. If you would like to know more about the classes and the progress of our former students feel free to read the testimonials by clicking on http://tonylunacreative.blogspot.com/2010/01/testimonials.html or by contacting email@example.com.
You have one life to live; why not design your own most meaningful career?
- Robert Mehnert invites everyone to the book signing event Tuesday, March 13 at 7:30 P. M. at the Flintridge Bookstore…
- Sandrinha Cruz informs us that she will be exhibiting her photography at the LELA Gallery in Little Tokyo on Saturday, March 17...
- Shiho Nakaza is thrilled to let us know that some of her sketches are online at Urbansketchers.org and also published in a book titled, "The Art of Urban Sketching"...
- Chuck Chugumlung lets us know about the work of his company Annex Studio and invites us to download and cut out your very own dodecahedron paper model 2012 Calendar...
- Shirin Raban reminds us that the Los Angeles Youth Orchestra will be performing works by various masters and new talent as well on Sunday, April 1, and Monday, April 2...
Here are the updates!
- From Robert Mehnert- Cinematographer, Author, Professor- "Hi folks, Here's the flyer with the real date on it (one that actually exists in this
time frame) See the attachment for the real deal.
Flintridge Bookstore & Coffeehouse invites you to meet Cinematographer, Professor, Local Author, Robert Mehnert
Tuesday, March 13 at 7:30 P. M.
Author of "Looking Down at the Sky" and "In the Blink of an Eye"
Learn the wonders of Self-Publishing using Flintridge Bookstore's Expresso Book Machine
- From Sandrinha Cruz, Photographer- "Hello my friends and fellow artists, I am exhibiting my photography at the LELA Gallery in Little Tokyo, and your presence would be truly appreciated!
Please join me at the opening reception on Saturday - March 17th, 2:00 to 6:00 P. M. to mingle with other artists and enjoy refreshments.
The address is:
333 S. Alameda Street
Los Angeles, CA
Attached you will find the postcard files with further details.
Bring your beautiful smile, an open heart and mind...
- From Shiho Nakaza- Illustrator- "Hi Tony, Hope all is well with you! I'm thrilled to report that some of my sketches that are online at http://www.urbansketchers.org are now published in a book called "The Art of Urban Sketching" from Quarry Books (the description of the book is here: http://www.qbookshop.com/products/193933/9781592537259/The-Art-of-Urban-Sketching.html)
The book is available at local L.A. area bookstores including Vroman's Books in Pasadena, Hennessey and Ingalls in Santa Monica, Barnes and Noble, as well as Amazon.com, where it ranked as #1 selling book in painting category in its first week of US release.
Illustration | Design | Production
Elegant and Evocative Images for Your Story
See my artwork in The Art of Urban Sketching
voice | 562-761-0696
web | http://www.shihonakaza.com
blog | http://shihonakaza.blogspot.com
address | 2118 Wilshire Blvd. #816, Santa Monica, CA 90403
- From Chuck Chugumlung, Graphic Designer and Online Advertising Guru-
Designer's Spring Is Here!
We've already had and incredibly busy first quarter of this year. With a steady climb in the economy, marketers are projected to spend more this year on online advertising than on traditional advertising in print magazines and newspapers. Let us help you with your next digital media marketing campaign. Catch up on what's new in our portfolio on the website. We are excited about our progress and we're still looking forward to a great year ahead. We love referrals, so forward this newsletter to anyone interested in excellent design services. You can also subscribe from our website at http://www.annexxstudio.com.
Designer's Spring is finally here at last!
If you have a color printer and some scissors and glue, don't forget to download our dodecahedron paper model 2012 Calendar! Yes, they are a bit of work, but they look great. And you can tell your friends you made it!
Go to http://www.annexxstudio.com/index.php/downloads and click on "Printables." It's fun and useful!
- From Shirin Raban, Graphic Designer-
The Los Angeles Youth Orchestra
Sunday, April 1, 4:00 P. M. and Monday, April 2, 7:30 P. M.
"Contrasting Beauty: Symphonies to Songs"
Schubert Symphony No. 8 "Unfinished;" Steinberg 405:8 am , Under Construction Version; Kennan Night Soliloquy: Kyra Sweeny Soloist; Conducted by Russell Steinberg, Ph.D.
Also on the program:
Felix Mendelsohn, Symphony No. 3 "Scottish, Mvt 3; Bela Bartok, 8 Pieces for Children; Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zone, Home; Peter Tchaikovsky, Themes from the 1812 Overture; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Overture to Don Giovanni
Sunday, April 1 at 4:00 P. M.
Milken Community High School
15800 Zeldins WAy at Mulholland Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Monday, April 2 at 7:30 P. M.
Zipper Concert Hall at the Colburn School
200 South Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90012
For tickets and information:
That's it for now.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Past Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals