Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- Updates on our "Crafting a Meaningful Career" Parts One and Two classes for the spring term…
- Velvette Delaney announces an exhibition she just installed at the California African American Museum in Exposition Park…
- John Anderson tells us about a photography commission he completed for a hospital Radiation Treatment Room…
- Bob Mehnert informs us of a book signing for two of his books at Flintridge Books and Coffee, March 13…
- Gail Mooney lets us know that her movie, "Opening Our Eyes" has been invited to two film festivals on the West Coast, The San Luis Obispo International Film Festival, and The Los Angeles International Women's Film Festival…
- Gabor Kalman's documentary, "There Was Once…" will be introduced by Branko Lustig ("Schindler's List") and Prof. Marsha Kinder will moderate the Q&A at USC...
Here are the updates!
- We are now entering our fifth week of the spring term and our "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One-Discovering the Dream" students are preparing to deliver their Work History/Personal Timelines. Meanwhile the "CMC-Part Two-Forming the Dream" participants are fine tuning their Vision and Mission Statements and moving on to the Marketing issues. Both groups are making splendid progress.
- From Velvette Delaney- Graphic Designer- "An exhibit I just finished is up at the California African American Museum right now! It's about African Americans in the judicial system. There's something so exciting about seeing your work larger than life on the side of a building and across an entire room. I'm not sure how long it will be up, but I'll be sure to bring pictures to the next Schmoozfest."
- (Note: In a follow-up email Velvette mentioned the following.)
It will be up until May 27th.
Museum hours: Tuesday - Saturday 10:00am-5:00pm; Sunday 11:00am-5:00pm
Admission is free, but parking is $10 (so you may as well make a day of it and go to all 3 museums if you can - they all share the same parking lot).
The California African American Museum
600 State Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90037
- From John Anderson, Photographer and Retired Lutheran Minister-
"I just completed a commission for a hospital--the images attached are for a radiation treatment room--and are designed to reflect the healing properties of the radiation beams. They will actually be in the treatment area for the benefit of the patients, not simply displayed for the public. I really enjoy doing this type of work."
-(Note: In a subsequent email John wrote the following.) "Tony: The art work is in and installed. The most wonderful thing about it is the energy it is creating among the staff and technicians, even before the room goes into use. I'm confident, from observing their response, that the energy of the art will create a synergy between the staff, the technicians, the equipment, and the patient, that indeed it will vibrate with healing energy. I can't tell you how thrilling it is to see the art doing what it was created to do."
- From Bob Mehnert- Author, Cinematographer, Adjunct Professor at the Art Center College of Design- "Hey Tony, I'm doing a book signing for LOOKING DOWN AT THE SKY and IN THE BLINK OF AN EYE on Tuesday, March 13, at Flintridge Books and Coffee, at 7:30 pm in La Canada at 1010 Foothill Blvd. Hope you can be there if you're free. Cheers! Bob"
- From Gail Mooney- Some news for "Opening Our Eyes."
We have been invited to two film festivals that are on the West Coast.
The San Luis Obispo International Film Festival
March 8 - 6PM Downtown Cinemas, 888 Marsh St, SLO
March 9 - 2PM Park Cinemas, 1100 Pine St., Paso Robles
The Los Angeles International Women's Film Festival
March 24, Saturday 5:30PM
West Hollywood Council Chamber Screening Room
West Hollywood Library
625 N San Vicente
West Hollywood, CA
Discount code weho - good if purchased by Feb. 15th.
- From Gabor Kalman, Producer/Director, International Documentary Association-
Branko Lustig ("Schindler's List") will introduce the film and Prof. Marsha Kinder will moderate the Q&A at the Wednesday night screening of 'There Was Once…' at USC."
Hurry up and make your reservations!
Congratulations to all!
That's it for now.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals