Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- May you have a wonderful Holiday Season and a Prosperous and Creative New Year! From the Luna Family...
(Tony Luna and big sister with Santa, circa 1949)
- The Fall SchmoozeFest on December 15 was a success thanks to the participation of our talented SchmoozeFesters!…
- Registration is ongoing for "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One," and "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two"…
- Happy Holidays from The Art Center College of Design! We have a link to the Art Center motion graphic greeting card…
- The Human Resources Department of Art Center is recruiting for eleven positions…
- Peter di Sabatino informs us of faculty and administrator positions available at the American University of Sharjah, in the United Arab Emirates …
- Chuck Chugumlung announces the first newsletter for Annexx Studio, and the download for their dodecahedron paper model 2012 calendar (have fun making your own calendar!)…
Enjoy the complete updates!
- Our Fall SchmoozeFest was a success as we had presentations by our attendees of their new ventures and that was followed by a networking session by all in attendance. We had some members from our past classes, and some new visitors who were interested in what our group was all about. It was an inspiring night of presentations and schmoozing. Our next SchmoozeFest will be in mid-April so stay tuned for the exact date to be announced later.
- Registration for the Spring 2012 term classes at Art Center at Night is currently open. You may sign up for any of our classes and/or you can encourage your friends to take advantage of the class offerings.
All classes of the "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes will be from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at the Art Center at Night South Campus (950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, California). I will be offering the following three classes this term.
- The following classes will begin the week of January 16:
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Discovering the Dream" will run from Tuesday, January 17 to Tuesday, April 17.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two, Forming the Dream" will start Thursday, January 19 and run for six weeks to Thursday, February 23.
- This class will start the week of March 8:
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three, Fulfilling the Dream" begins Thursday, March 8 for six weeks and ends Thursday, April 12.
For more information about these and other classes you may call Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at
And you can always call me, Tony Luna, about the substance of the courses at 818-842-5490.
- Happy Holidays from Art Center College of Design-
Click here to enjoy the motion graphics designed holiday greeting card from Art Center:
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources, Art Center College of Design- New job openings-
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Chair, Undergraduate Advertising Department and Graduate MFA Program in Advertising and Branding
· Chair, Interaction Design
· Director, Career and Professional Development
· Director of Communications
· Director of Counseling & Wellness Services
· Director of Development
· Library Assistant
· Managing Director, Financial Aid
· Software Engineer
· Tool Crib Worker (on-call, part-time)
· CNC Programmer/Machine Operator (temporary, part-time)
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
- From Peter Di Sabatino, Dean of the College of Architecture, Art and Design, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
"Dear all, Please excuse the mass mailing, and possible duplications - but I would like to bring to your attention new faculty and administrator searches underway at the College of Architecture, Art and Design at the American University of Sharjah. All information is available at www.aus.edu/caadsearch; please look at the positions, forward to your networks, or apply as outlined in the announcements.
Thank you in advance for your help in spreading the word about these exciting new positions, or for your direct interest in the college. As always, if you are in the area, please stop in to see us - you are always welcomed.
I have listed briefly the various positions available - they are all tenure-track, with an initial three-year contract.
Thank you again, and best regards,
American University of Sharjah, College of Architecture, Art and Design
Department of Architecture | Design of Design | Foundations Program
Associate | Full Professor | Department Head
Head of Department | Department of Design
Assistant | Associate | Full Professor
Design Management | Department of Design
Product Design | Department of Design
Associate | Full Professor | Director of Foundations; College of Architecture, Art and Design
Assistant | Associate | Full Professor; Architecture Studios + | Department of Architecture
(Multiple positions in studio and other areas including foundations, environmental technology + sustainable building systems, tectonics, digital design + fabrication, landscape, architectural history + theory.)
Assistant | Associate | Full Professor; Interior Design | Departments of Architecture and Design History + Theory + Criticism | Departments of Architecture and Design;
Visiting faculty | Departments of Architecture and Design (including Art)
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately. Interested applicants should send a Letter of Interest outlining areas of teaching, practice, research/scholarship, and service. A Curriculum Vitae, contact information for three references, a digital portfolio of professional work and examples of student work must be submitted as instructed at http://www.aus.edu/caadsearch. The positions, subject to change and funding, will remain open until filled, however full consideration will be assured to applicants submitting prior to January 3, 2012.
Peter Di Sabatino
College of Architecture, Art and Design
American University of Sharjah
PO Box 26666, Sharjah
United Arab Emirates
Tel +971 6 515 2868
- From Chuck Cugumlung, Creative Director, Annexx Studio-
Welcome To Our First Newsletter-
Catch up on all our projects and updates from our mailing list. We are looking forward to a great year ahead. New and exciting projects are on the horizon and we plan on showcasing all the great projects on the website in the near future. We love referrals, so forward this newsletter to anyone interested in excellent design services. You can also subscribe from our website at http://www.annexxstudio.com.
Happy Holidays and have a wonderful new year!
If you have a color printer and some scissors and glue, don't forget to download our dodecahedron paper model 2012 Calendar!
They'll look great on your desk, or for tossing around with your co-workers during your office down-time.
That's it for now.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact email@example.com.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals