Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The Fall SchmoozeFest is coming December 15!…
- Registration is now available for "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One" and "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two" at Art Center at Night…
- Sandrinha Cruz invites us to an art opening featuring her work, with the reception December 1…
- Suzie Buchhloz sends an invitation to the Artists' Winter Open Studios in Sausalito, CA on Saturday, December 3…
- Soren Petersen informs us of a recent posting on Huffington Post and invites participation in his research…
- Ezekiel Wheeler sent in two offerings; one and update on the progress of his venture, Auto Styles, and one on the release of a monthly online magazine for the automotive enthusiast…
Enjoy the updates!
- Attention SchmoozeFesters! Our Fall SchmoozeFest will be held Thursday, December 15, 6:30-9:30 at the Art Center South Campus in Room #B-38. Everyone is welcome to join us and is encouraged to let us know what you are up to creatively. As usual anyone who wishes to present their work will have ten minutes, there will be an update on the latest Crafting a Meaningful Career news, and then we will use the remaining time to network and schmooze. Bring a friend and be ready to be inspired!
- Registration for the Spring 2012 term classes at Art Center at Night began November 28. You may sign up for any of our classes and/or you can encourage your friends to take advantage of the class offerings.
All classes of the "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes will be from 7:00 to 10:00 pm at the Art Center at Night South Campus (950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, California). I will be offering the following three classes this term. (See full "Course Descriptions" below). Class dates:
- The following classes will begin the week of January 16-
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Discovering the Dream" will run from Tuesday, January 17 to Tuesday, April 17.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two, Forming the Dream" will start Thursday, January 19 and run for six weeks to Thursday, February 23.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three, Fulfilling the Dream" begins Thursday, March 8 for six weeks and ends Thursday, April 12.
For more information about these and other classes you may call Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at
See full "Course Descriptions" below.
And you can always call me, Tony Luna, about the substance of the courses at 818-842-5490.
- From Sandrinha Cruz, Photographer
"Dear family & friends,
You are invited to enjoy an evening of art and fun at the Rheeway Gallery, in Los Angeles.
I am looking forward to each, and everyone of you sharing this experience with me.
Thank you so much for your encouragement and support!
3525 West 8th. Street, #214-#217
Los Angeles, CA 90005
December 1-22, 2011
Thursday, December 1.2011
6:00-10:00 P. M.
Gallery hours: Noon~7:00 P. M., Monday through Saturday
- From Suzie Buchholz, Fine Artist
Visit the studio and find what inspires creativity.
Artists' Winter Open Studios
Saturday December 3
Sunday December 4
Please stop by Suzie Buchholz Studio, #268
We would love to see you!
(just down the hall from the elevator)
Contact Suzie and join the mailing list!
Suzie Buchholz Studio
480 Gate 5 Road
Sausalito, California 94965
- Soren Petersen, PhD
Greetings from South Pasadena - New Research Paradigms for Business Progress
"Dear Tony, I hope this finds you well! I'm currently working on a project that's exploring how diversity and the 'wisdom of the crowd' can inform thought leadership on business progress. We are using an open design process using social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter) to collect ideas, thoughts and insights on important business issues.
We've recently published a Huffington Post article that explores why this paradigm shift is needed. You can read it here:
The proposal of the research project can be found on the Stanford Design Quantification Lab page under “a) New Research Paradigms for Business Progress here”:
Your participation in this project would be greatly appreciated. You can join the conversation on our LinkedIn group here:
Please feel free to forward this e-mail on to your networks and communities.
- From Ezekiel Wheeler, Automotive Culture Consultant
What Automotive Styles “is”.
There isn’t a day that goes by where we at Automotive Styles isn’t asked, “What is it you guys do?” or “What is your goal?”
Over months of soul searching and preparing for a redesign launch in 2012 we came across this video of a father sharing a morning jaunt in his tuned Porsche with his little boy. Simply put, what we aim to do here at Automotive Styles is make you feel as excited about a car as this little boy is about his fathers car, and one day his.
To go to the Automotive Styles site click here:
- Also from Ezekiel Wheeler:
"2011 has been an amazing year for Automotive Styles and we wanted to give you a taste of whats to come in 2012. From this moment forward Automotive Styles will be releasing a monthly downloadable magazine issue. We have assembled an outstanding team of editors, photographers and consulting publishers. Our next issue will feature an introduction of each team member and what they will be bringing to the Automotive Styles brand in 2012. A huge thank you to Yoav Gilad (Senior Editor), Brian Sloma (Car Guru, Photographer), Robert Hardin (Photographer), Vince Bodiford (Consulting Publisher The Weekend Drive), Christine Reed (Consulting Publisher Mobility Outfitters). Also a thank you to our sponsors and supporters 911 Design, Eurocar OC, Hot Import Nights and Autocon. With out these people this issue wouldn't have been possible. Enjoy the magazine! For more photos please visit our FLICKR PAGE
To download please click the link below through your computer, tablet or smart phone. For Mac users be sure to Open the file in your iBooks. The download is FREE and takes no longer than a single song download. Happy Thanksgiving and have a wonderful Black Friday!
That's it for now.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive twice-monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals