Synopsis of what is new in this Update followed by the complete stories:
- The Summer "SchmoozeFest" is tomorrow, Thursday, August 25, from 7:00-10:00 P. M. at Art Center's South Campus, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, CA...
- Registration for all three "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes has begun, so be the first in line sign up before the classes fill up!...
- Tony Luna will be delivering a lecture titled "Exploring Creative Career Opportunities During Challenging Times" on August 24, for The Actors Fund (SAG-AFTRA)...
- Marcia Arrieta will be having a celebration and reading of her latest book of poetry this Sunday, August 28, starting at 5:30 P.M., at Book Alley in Pasadena…
- News from Rick Bell that he has a new book, a guide to guerrilla film making available through bookstores and Amazon…
- Fashion photographer Tamar Levine let us know about the video lookbook she created for the clothing company XCVI Wearables…
- Ezekiel Wheeler, Automobile Culture Consultant, up to the moment reports from the classic automobile event of the year, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance-2011…
Enjoy the updates!
- The Summer "SchmoozeFest" presentation and networking event is tomorrow, Thursday, August 25, 7:00-10:00 pm, at the Art Center College of Design-South Campus, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, Ca. We look forward to all of you creative professionals to bring an example of the work you LOVE creating and then you will have ten minutes to talk about your work before we open the session up to a networking event. Looking forward to another inspiring evening of our SchmoozeFesting community!
- Registration for all three "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes and all the exciting classes at Art Center at Night is ongoing, so be the first in line to sign up before the classes fill up! Don't wait to the last moment to sign up for our life enhancing "Crafting a Meaningful Career" class, or any of the other incredibly valuable classes offered. Avoid late registration fee by registering before September 12.
- Here's a listing of the CMC classes:
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One, Discovering the Dream" will run from Tuesday, September 13 to Tuesday, December 13.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Two, Forming the Dream" will start Thursday, September 15 and run for six weeks to Thursday, October 20.
"Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three, Fulfilling the Dream" begins Thursday, November 3 for six weeks and ends Thursday, December 8.
For more information about these and other classes you may call Art Center at Night at 626-396-2319, or you may go to their web site at http://www.artcenter.edu/atnight/main.jsp
And you can always call Tony Luna directly for information at 818-84205490.
- Tony Luna will be delivering a lecture titled, "Exploring Creative Career Opportunities During Challenging Times," tomorrow, Thursday, August 25, 3:30-5:30 P.M. This lecture will be for members of The Actors Fund, a national human services provided by SAG and AFTRA which "...helps professionals in the performing arts and entertainment in times of need, crisis or transition." The lecture will focus on some of the techniques Tony Luna utilizes to help mid-career professionals to rediscover new job opportunities and to lead more meaningful lives. Thanks to Joanne Webb, Career Counselor, for arranging for this entertaining and enlightening presentation. The Actors Fund is located at 5757 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite #400, Los Angeles, CA., and the presentation will be in the Cagney Room auditorium.
- From Marcia Arrieta, Mother, Educator, Poet, and Artist- "Hi Tony--I have some good news! I had a book of my poetry published in March of this year, and I am finally getting around to having a book publication celebration/reception and reading at Book Alley in Pasadena-I hope you will be able to come. Best wishes, Marcia Arrieta, P. S. Reading will start around 5:30 or 5:45, depending."
BOOK PUBLICATION CELEBRATION
triskelion,tiger moth, tangram, thyme
by Marcia Arrieta
Sunday, August 28, 5:30ish
1252 East Colorado Boulevard
Pasadena, CA 91106
As well as a poet, Marcia Arrieta is a mother, educator, and artist. Her chapbook "experimental;" was published by potes & poets press and another chapbook "the curve against the linear" was published by toadlilly press in "An Uncommon Accord." She edits and publishes "Indefinite Space," a poetry journal. (featured in Daily s-Press: "Indefinite Space 2010")
"Arrieta's poems are overlapping spheres, vanishing points, circles that reflect her fascination with modern cosmology, aesthetics, and the spirituality of language." -Andrea Moorhead
- From Rick Bell, Guerrilla Filmmaker, Author- "Hi Tony, I am excited to finally announce that my book is finished and now available in the US, the UK and Australia at Amazon and other outlets. The web address is http://www.guerrillafilmguide.com. I hope things are going well. I know it is a tough time for a lot of people in our business. Any mention of the book (if you feel it is worthy) would be appreciated. Cheers, Rick"
- From Tamar Levine, Fashion Photographer- "…am excited to share a video lookbook I made for the clothing company XCVI Wearables. Please click on the...this URL. http://www.tamarlevine.com/#/video/xcvi%20spring%202012/
You can also check it out on Vimeo. As always, my site is regularly updated with new work: tamarlevine.com
Many more fun shoots on the horizon, hope you are having a wonderful Summer!
All the best,
- Ezekiel Wheeler, Automobile Culture Consultant- Reports from the annual classic automotive event, the Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance-2011-"Pebble Beach Concours has managed to pull off another magnificent show this year. Like there was any doubt. Here are just a few shots from the event. More will be coming this Thursday when we at Automotive Styles finally get the over 2,000 photos downloaded and edited. Enjoy and be sure to subscribe or follow our Facebook page for the latest updates!
Automotive Styles, http://automotive-styles.com/author/ezcolewhee/
That's it for now.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Web site: http://www.tonylunacreative.com
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals