Synopsis of what is new in this Update:
- The invitation from Izabela Berengut-Vitanza and her husband, Vee, on the upcoming "2VIE- Live Benefit Silent Art Auction" this Saturday, July 9, to raise funds for his rehabilitation after his brain surgery…
- A notice from Photographer Ethan Hill of his new web site and new work...
- An update from Photographer Mark Albersky regarding the new look of his blog site and his Wildlife Photo Safari to Kenya in September…
- An invitation to a private screening of "Opening Our Eyes" a film by Gail Mooney...
- Announcement of an article by Design Innovator, Soren Petersen, in the Design Management Institute's journal...
- Updates from Filmmaker Gabor Kalman on the successes of the documentary film "There Was Once..."...
- And notice of ten job offerings from Anna Berkel at the Art Center College of Design…
- From Vee and Izabela Berengut-Vitanza-
Join us for "2Vie- Live Benefit and Silent Art Auction"
Saturday, July 9th at 6PM
And for a rare opportunity to win a bid on treasured photographs by James Fee, work by other acclaimed artists, and art services...
at Leanna Lin’s Wonderland
5024 Eagle Rock Blvd. Eagle Rock, CA
Rare works of acclaimed American Photographer James Fee available for auction!
A thrilling art donation of four rare prints from the estate of a preeminent 21st Century photographer - James Russell Fee
(7 December 1949 — 4 September 2006) A great opportunity for the art lovers and serious collectors as James Fee’s photographs are permanently housed in the San Diego Museum of Photographic Arts (MOPA), the William Benton Museum of Art, and the Getty Museum.
NOTE: James Fee is usually known for his images of abandoned factories and lonesome highways, which are available through Craig Krull Gallery at Bergamot Station in Santa Monica, CA http://www.craigkrullgallery.com
- And from Ophelia Chong- Also experience "Mary Shelley Cocktails at 2VIE"
"Happy Monday! Looking forward to a long weekend? me too… but why stop celebration with 4th of July?
Join us on July 9th for Bloody Mary Shelley Cocktails at 2VIE event –
-Mary Shelley knew a good mix was a combination of parts of this and that, so come enjoy a Bloody Mary Shelley cocktail, with a dash of horseradish and Worcestershire, and a jigger of vodka mixed into fresh organic heirloom tomato juice and topped off with the head of a celery stalk. Pitchforks and angry villagers are extra."
Courtesy of Ophelia Chong
- From Ethan Hill, Photographer- "Hello….I just wanted to let you know there has been a big update to the work on the website. There has also been the addition of another portfolio entitled 'letter portraits' which is the beginning of a personal project. If you'd be interested in taking a look please follow the link below. Thanks."
- From Photographer Mark Alberhasky-
"If you haven't visited http://www.imagema.com/blog in a while, there is a new look and some new posts.
The latest provide some provocative insights into crafting images when they remain elusive.
Who knows? These posts might just get you 'In The Mood'."
Mark Alberhasky Photography
535 Redding View Ct NW
Atlanta, GA 30328
Accompany IMAGEMA Travel this fall for the photo destination of a lifetime: Wildlife Photo Safari in Kenya, September 10-23. Details at http://www.imagema.com > IMAGEMA Travel or blog/store or download a brochure at http://www.imagema.com/kenya_brochure.pdf
- From Gail Mooney, Producer/DP-
"You are invited to a private screening of the movie 'Opening Our Eyes' on July 17th (9AM) at the State Theater in Traverse City, Michigan.
Tagline:'How to change the world - one person at a time.'
Mother/Daughter filmmakers circle the globe on a 99-day adventure searching for people who are making a difference in the world. The movie will inspire and move you to action."
*There will be an additional screening on the evening of July 21st in Detroit. For details and invitations email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Producer / DP
Opening Our Eyes - The Film
- From Soren Petersen, PhD, Design Management and Leadership-
"Subject: Profit from Design featured in Design Management Institute’s journal.
Greetings friends, - This summer’s issue of Design Management Institute’s journal features our article 'Inspiring Design - Informed by Metrics.' It highlights how to frame projects to inspire superior design team performance. The approach is illustrated by case studies from our seven years of research. Please email me if you are interested in receiving a copy of the article.
For an in-depth treatment of integrating essential design criteria into business plans, portfolio management and design briefs, check out my new book:
'Profit from Design, - leveraging design in business' at http://www.ingomar.net/profitfromdesign.html."
- From Gabor Kalman, Producer and Film Documentarian
"Dear Friends of 'There Was Once...'
We are happy to announce our newly redesigned and updated website.
Please check it out at http://www.therewasoncefilm.com
Some of the highlights:
* The Museum of Tolerance presented Gyöngyi with their Medal of Valor. See the video.
Other recipients were rescuer Peter Bergson, Chilean miner Luis Urzua, and Tom Cruise.
* While in Los Angeles, Gyöngyi also participated in our first screening at the Museum,
which was an unqualified success.
* We have a new trailer.
* Our film was selected for the Hungarian Film Festival and we are waiting to hear from a
number of others.
We have been receiving inquiries about the availability of DVDs, but decided to wait with their release while we are exploring theatrical and television venues.
We are also on Facebook, There Was Once Film.
We thank you for your continued interest and support of our film."
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources-
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
· Software Engineer
· Full-time Faculty—Entertainment Design
· Director of Admissions
· Director of Admissions Operations
· Director of Recruitment
· Graphic Designer
· Full-time Faculty/Faculty Director—Graphic Design Program
· Associate Vice President of Development
· Associate Vice President for Marketing and Communications
· Director of Foundation Relations and Government Grants
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
That's it for now.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately twice a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Recent Contributing Author: Photo.net, an online magazine for 75,000+ members of the photographic community
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals