Sunday, November 14, 2010
Tony Luna Creative- Update- 11-14-10
On December 10, Tony Luna will be delivering a lecture titled, "Rediscovering Your Passion: The First Step to Crafting Your Next Career" from 3:15-4:15 P.M at The Fourth Annual International Conference on Positive Aging, presented by Fielding Graduate University. This year's theme is "Exploring Positive Aging: Designing Practice and Advancing Knowledge." The conference will be held at the California Endowment, Center for Nonprofit Management, 1000 N. Alameda Street, Los Angeles, CA 90012. Registration for the three day event made be made by clicking on http://www.positiveaging.fielding.edu/registration
A special thank you goes out to Creative Professionals, Marcia Loots-Serna, Karen Lau, and Craig MacGowan for providing their valuable time and insights while reviewing the final presentations of the "Presentation Techniques" class for Art Center's Advertising students on Monday, November 8. Their comments and support will go a long way to helping our students build the background they will need to be competitive and confident professionals.
It's not too early to start thinking of Christmas gift ideas and one suggestion for yourself or someone you care about would be "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career." And it is not just for Photographers but for anyone who is interested in taking their career to the next meaningful level. Click here to order your copy on Amazon: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career"
- From Dana L. Walker, Photographer, and Director of Art Center at Night
"The announcement below is about an upcoming exhibition in which I will have 4 pieces: one new 'Art from the Ashes-themed' mixed media piece; plus 3 photographic pieces of my own personal work: images from my 'constructed spaces' series, and from the 'reflected spaces' series."
ART from the ashes is an organization of independent artists and volunteers who contribute their talent, time and energy to create art for resource. Artwork is crafted from materials collected from fire site locations after personal items have been removed. Debris that would otherwise be cleared and dumped into landfill is gathered and transfigured into one-of-a-kind works of art through the unique vision of each artist.
ART from the ashes presents: INSPIRE
SAVE THE DATE!! Saturday, November 20 - opening reception 6-10pm.
INSPIRE is a fundraising exhibition to support the efforts of ART from the ashes and to honor the spectrum of talented artists who have brought our mission to life. The majority of the proceeds from the sale of art will go to the artists.
ART from the ashes Gallery
216 S. Brand Blvd.
Glendale, CA 91204
Hope you can make it to the reception, or at least have a chance to see the exhibition while it's up!
- Harvey and John Chua, Adphoto Photography studio owners in Manila, The Philippines- "Hi Tony, I am pleased to say that Adphoto/G-nie Arambulo's work for Boysen Paints/TBWA won in Spikes Awards (Singapore). Adobo Magazine is a Philippine publication dedicated to the advertising industry.
Harvey V. Chua
3688 Bautista Street, Palanan, Makati City 1235 Philippines Tel. 63 2 8316117
Other email address: email@example.com
For tips and newsbits on the business of photography: www.adphoto.com.ph/business
- Gail Mooney, Film Documentarian and Photographer, forwarded this kind note, "Tony, Thanks so much for passing along the Kickstarter link on your blog.
I think about you every day. Because you inspired me, way back at that first Photo Expo seminar I took with you, I find myself pursuing my dreams and they are becoming realities. Best, Gail"
(Editors Note: Once again, here is the notice sent out last TLC Update on how you can donate money needed to complete this important documentary. Take a look at the video and get inspired!)
"We have just launched our film project, 'Opening Our Eyes' on Kickstarter. The campaign is on to reach our goal for finishing funds for our film. Even a pledge of $1 will get us closer to completing this film which will inspire and motivate others to be change-makers and make a positive difference in the world...
Please visit: http://tiny.cc/phcwc.
Pass it along to anyone you know, tweet it and put it on Facebook or your blog. We can all make this happen.
- From Chris Graves, Graphic Artist, Fine Artist, and Instructor at Northwest Missouri State University
"Hi Tony, I hope you are well and thriving. I enjoy your updates and your blog - keep it up!
I wanted to let you know of a show of my drawings that I just finished up. It was at the Deluce Gallery here in Missouri, in which I presented 15 new pieces from over the past year. Lots of hard work, but worth it. The direction they went was very unexpected, but rewarding.
Still teaching at Northwest Missouri State University and enjoy my colleagues and students very much. I have a great deal of creative support and freedom here both with my personal work and curriculum. Its been a great transition out here, though miss the Pasadena weather!
Here is a link to my new site:
Take care - keep up the great work!"
- Cynthia Fredrick, Photographer- "You are invited to my latest exhibition. It's going to be short and sweet - don't delay! The opening is Friday Nov. 12 (details below) and it's only up for a week. I'm really excited - the curators wanted me as part of their three-person show! Hope to see you there!
Friday, November 12 at 7:00pm - November 13 at 12:00am
Artology 101 Gallery
3108 Glendale Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Mark your calendars! The opening reception will feature works by Gil Mares, Cynthia Frederick, and Mike Lee.
- From Kristy White, Photographer, and wall-space gallery, Gallery Director Assistant, "Hi Tony, Good to hear from you! Yes I have started a position at the wall-space gallery in Santa Barbara. It is an International Photography Gallery and is originally located in Seattle. It has been open as of Sept. My position as of now is a Gallery Director Assistant...
We have a new artist every month and always an open house the first Thursday of the month...
- Ann Monn, Artist, Photographer, Visual Effects Artist, "Hi. How are you? I got picked up by Prime Focus, a big visual fx house in hollywood, doing 2D - 3D conversion of films..."
- From Bob Mehnert, Cinematographer and Author- "Tony, Good to see you this afternoon. Thanks for putting DEFIANCE up on your blog. Everything like that helps. (Editor's note: Click here to purchase the Kindle edition) http://www.amazon.com/Defiance-ebook/dp/B003XF2340
The (movie)'Jinn' (Editor's note: a Supernatural Thriller on which Bob was the Cinematographer) website is www.jinnthemovie.com The teaser is on:
There’s also a Jinn Facebook page which is... http://www.facebook.com/search.php?q=jinn&init=quick&tas=search_preload#!/jinnthemovie
I’m sure you can find it easily. Become a fan if you haven’t already...
Be good, have fun!"
- From Shirin Raban, Graphic Artist- "Dear Family and Friends, I like to invite you to the LA Youth Orchestra Concert, Sunday, November 21 at 4:00 pm at Saban Theatre in Beverly Hills.
Our son, Daniel Raban will be playing in the concert and we love to see you! I think the Mayor will be there too so please come and support our Orchestra and it will be a great opportunity for us to see each other and of course to hear some out of this world music!
Saban Theatre is on Wilshire Boulevard west of San Vicente.
I have attached the concert poster for your reference.
Tickets are available for sale at the door.
And you may purchase your tickets early to take advantage of the discount:
Hope to see you there,"
P.S. The concert will be repeated at the Zipper Hall in Downtown
the following Monday, November 22 at 7:30 pm.
- From Ezekiel Wheeler, Automotive Culture Consultant, "Here is a link to a few photos from the photo shoot. Enjoy!" (Editor's note: Actually this is a link to Zek's blog with all kinds of wonderful shots of exotic cars, and innovative products. Keep up with Zek and see what is happening with creative thinkers around the world.)
Posted by Tony Luna at 2:11 PM