- Mark your calendar for our next SchmoozeFest networking event on December 16. As usual we will be meeting at Art Center's South Campus, 950 South Raymond Street, in Pasadena, but this time we will start at 6:30 pm (instead of 7:00) and go on till 9:30. Be sure to bring any artwork you wish to share with the group, and Happy SchmoozeFesting!
- On Ocotober 20 we were honored by a visit of our friends from the Philippines, Harvey and John Chua at Art Center's "Professional Presentation" class for photographers. They shared stories of how they grew their photography studio in Makati City over the past thirty-seven years, and they inspired the students with their enthusiasm and passion for photography. It was great to finally meet them in person after corresponding with them for the past several years since they read "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" and letting us know how much they appreciated the book. Thanks for the wonderful visit Harvey and John!
Photo by Erin Kelly
- Gail Mooney, Film Documentarian and Photographer, and Erin Kelly, Documentarian sent this note- "Hello, We have just launched our film project, 'Opening Our Eyes' on Kickstarter. The campaign is on to reach our goal for finishing funds for our film. Even a pledge of $1 will get us closer to completing this film which will inspire and motivate others to be change-makers and make a positive difference in the world.
Please visit: http://tiny.cc/phcwc.
Pass it along to anyone you know, tweet it and put it on Facebook or your blog.
We can all make this happen.
- From Photographer Cynthia Fedrick- "Dear friends and family -
I hope you'll have the opportunity to come see the latest group show I'm a part of . . . it's an amazing collection of very talented people and a wide assortment of media - the best of everything that the Pasadena Society of Artists has to offer.
...the show runs through November so even if you can't make it on opening day (October 23), it's something you can put on your calendar, and I guarantee you won't be sorry you did!
- From Robin Neudorfer, Artist-
"I just received the news that this drawing was awarded
BEST OF SHOW
Pasadena Society of Artists
20x20" charcoal on Rives
©2009 Robin Neudorfer"
The Artist's Reception (was) held at
Citibank Silverlake Branch
2450 Glendale Blvd.
- Paulo Roberto, Photographer in Portugal, forwarded this email (Editor's note: Sorry for the late inclusion in our blog but you can contact Paulo for other upcoming photography events in Portugal)-
"15th Anniversary of Studio 8, Lisbon, Portugal
ARTHUR MEYERSON IN PORTUGAL- 2 WORKSHOPS
The well known American photographer Arthur Meyerson will be in Portugal for the 3rd time, October 23 and 24, to drive two fantastic workshops!
Arthur Meyerson is an award winning photographer and highly in demand as a mentor and instructor of workshops by the most reputable schools and academies. Residing in Houston, Texas, Arthur Meyerson has traveled around the world photographing for advertising and editorial. On three occasions he was honored by Adweek, Southwest Photographer of the Year. Arthur Meyerson is part of the list of top 10 corporate photographers, and was named one of the 30 best advertising photographers by American Photo."
- From Suzie Buchholz, Fine Artist-
"A private event for designers, architects and collectors. Wednesday, October 27 at 6:00 pm, 1045 Mission, San Francisco, CA"
- From Ezekiel Wheeler, Automotive Culture Consultant- Some amazing photos from the recent annual Art Center Car Classic. These are a must for car enthusiasts and anyone who appreciates classic design.
- From Kristy White, Photographer-
Wall space gallery
113 West Ortega St
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
"About Wall space gallery –
Wall space gallery first opened in Seattle, Washington in 2005. Our focus is on new artists and expanding the ideas of what photography is as well as what it can be. Our artists are craftsman, using photography as an integral part of their work, but layering emotional stories with techniques and processes that enhance the visual experience. The gallery has gained an international reputation for finding and showcasing new artists and exposing new ideas. Now in our 5th year, we have expanded our reach to open in Santa Barbara. The gallery is looking forward to being part of this tremendous arts community. In addition to our exhibition schedule, we are planning a series of artist lectures and community events.
For information about our upcoming exhibition schedule, artist lecture series or gallery hours, please contact Crista Dix at 805.637.3989"