We are almost at the mid-point of the term for our "Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part One-Discovering the Dream," and near the end of our "CMC-Part Two-Forming the Dream" classes and they are all progressing nicely. Thanks to all who have been promoting our classes at Art Center at Night, and feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me at 818-842-5490 if you have any questions regarding your creative career development, and/or would like to have a lecture or workshop in your area.
Photos by Chuck Chugumlung
- On Tuesday, October 12 I had the honor of delivering a "Principles of Presentation" lecture at the Caltech Y as part of their Life Skills lecture series. Thanks to Michelle Jiang, Caltech Y ExComm Vice President for making the presentation possible. And thanks to Greg Fletcher, Student Activities and Community Service Director, and the Caltech Y staff for their support! The Caltech Y provides services to all levels of the Caltech community and the Life Skills series is one very important part of it. I look forward to working with them again.
- Karen Lau, Advertising Art Director sent in this note that there was a recent article in the Washington Post about a commercial she worked on for the Department of Veterans Affairs.
"Check out my latest work:
Take care Tony!
From a Washington Post article written by Washington Post Staff Writer Ed O'Keefe, Monday, October 11.
"New ad campaign encourages veterans to take advantage of health care program-
New ad campaign targets veterans and their families-
The Department of Veterans Affairs is launching a new television ad, called 'What Lies Ahead,' in six cities with major veterans populations. The ad is designed to encourage veterans to enroll for VA services before the holiday season..."
- Karen Lau also spotted this on the current Photo.net web site. "Special Editorial Feature of the Month, 'Lifecycle of a Freelance Photography Job' Series by Tony Luna." Photo.net, an on-line magazine for the photographic community (with over 796,000 registered members, and 4.2 million unique visitors), is running the entire ten chapter series again. Thanks Karen for the notice.
If you would like to check it out you may click on http://photo.net/learn/photography-business/freelance-photography-advice/
- Tamar Levine, Photographer forwarded a message about her latest work-
"I shot and edited my first video lookbook for an ongoing client, XCVI Wearables. You can check out the video on my site:
Or on Vimeo: http://vimeo.com/15403378
I have also been busy shooting an ad campaign for the company CareFusion. Pics to come!
Thanks so much for taking a look!
All the best
- From Zelda Harrison, Graphic Artist, "Greetings Tony!
Design Week / LA is an annual celebration of design that inspires and brings together Los Angeles' abundant and vital design communities by promoting a wider awareness of design through initiatives and programming that highlight the richness and diversity of design activities happening throughout the communities of Los Angeles.
LA Design Week kicks off next weekend! There are still slots open for supporting partners, great opportunities for cross-promotion.
Supporting partners (this year) are non-profits that are willing to 'endorse' and promote DesignWeekLA. There’s no financial commitment. DWkLA will post your logo/link on the website. If you hear of any design events scheduled for October 9-17, you can submit them for posting/listing.
Read more about DesignWeek LA at these links and contact Jimmy Moss (info at the end of this email) to sign up."
- From Artist/Photographer Mauren Brodbeck and Sweet People II
"compactspace and The Factory present:
Sweet People II September 10th- October 20th, 2010
Childhood and wondrous dreams go hand-in-hand, grown in the home and insulated by parents. But as a child grows, they enter into different social realms and face other influences. Mauren Brodbeck forces the discussion of different medias (social networks) influencing a teenager’s life, and discusses how a teenager begins to create their identity through these pressures.
Our Host, The Factory, is located at:
912 3rd Street, Studio 204
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Do not miss out on the opportunity to view these art pieces and others at our show, Sweet People II, which closes October 20th. Please call for an appointment.
Hours: Wednesday- Saturday, 10:30am-6:00pm
Please call before you come, Thank you.
- From Adam Mefford, Product Design, Business, Branding and Product Development- gave us this heads-up on the next Mindshare LA event:
"All Hail Mindsharians! OCTOBER 21st is a MASQUERADE. Costumes and masks welcome!
Mindshare LA / October 2010
Thursday, October 21, 2010 at 7:00 PM (PT)
Los Angeles, CA
Well, our favorite event of the year is almost here! October's Masquerade Mindshare is going to be a night of interactive mystery! You can see the full program below.
We are the official after party of the ImTech Summit, who will be showcasing 15+ immersive installations - including the Vortex Dome! Learn more about their summit here... and if you'd like to attend, use code 'Mindshare' to register.
Join us for your monthly dose of inspiration and connectivity with some of the most progressive people in LA.
MASQUERADE MINDSHARE PROGRAM
7pm / Doors & Spooky Cocktail Hour
Mix and mingle with the most exciting minds of LA..
8:30pm / Program of Mystery!
Introduction from Doug Campbell / Mindshare LA, Curator & Cofounder
9:30pm - Midnight / Interactions
DISCUSSION AREAS: Opportunity to interact with the presenters after the program...
LIVE DJ & 15+ INTERACTIVE INSTALLATIONS
To register go to: http://mindshare.eventbrite.com/
- From Mark Alberhasky, Photographer, Medical Pathologist- "Hi everyone. Just back from a fantastic IMAGEMA Travel photo safari in Kenya.
No sooner did we unpack than Cindy said, 'Oops! You haven't put out your next calendar! Here it is a little late but adorned with a wonderful burst of colorful courtesy of Samburu tribe women. Paste this link in your browser for an automatic pdf download.
We're already in the planning stages of next years Kenya safari in September, so if you're interested, it's never too early to say so. And in case safari isn't at the top of your list, we're also doing an exciting trip next May... Machu Picchu and the Galapagos Islands!The brochure will be coming out very soon. We did the Galapagos leg earlier this summer to scout and it was great!
... and don't forget to check the foto blog occasionally. I don't always announce new posts to keep emails to a minimum.
I'm off to NYC for an exciting Mentor Series photo trek this weekend. There's another in Puerto Rico in December that promises to be great, and what a time to visit!
Check it out at the Pop Photo Mentor Series website,
Have a great week!"
Mark Alberhasky Photography
535 Redding View Ct NW
Atlanta, GA 30328