Tony Luna Creative- Update- 07-21-10
Right off the top I want to thank all the good people at the ICON6 Illustration Conference, especially Jamie Zollars, for making my lecture, "Rediscovering Your Passion: an Outline for Crafting a Meaningful Career" possible. It was a wonderful experience last week and the attendees in our workshop, who came from all over the world, were great! Thanks for the opportunity and I hope to attend more of these events, and spread our uplifting message to even more creative professionals in the future.
My "Crafting a Meaningful Career" classes at Art Center at Night are moving along very quickly as we are now in the ninth week of fourteen weeks and we are getting into some very interesting subject matter such as new career possibilities, and branding your new venture. The fall term will begin September 13 so, if you have any questions about the classes, please email me at email@example.com, or call me at 818-842-5490. I am also considering conducting weekend (Friday evening, and all day Saturday) workshops (in the West Los Angeles and San Francisco areas) so let me know if you are interested and we will see about can pulling them together.
In this issue of the Tony Luna Creative- Update there is continuing information about the incredible around-the-world documentary on "individuals who make a difference" by Gail Mooney and Erin Kelly, news about gallery openings, updates on travels by our members, a link to a unique animation project, a download for a unique Dr. Mark Alberhasky calendar, an opportunity to rent a loft at the Brewery Artists Lofts complex in downtown Los Angeles, and information on a scholarship to the Berlin School Executive MBA program. All of these notices were sent in by friends of Tony Luna Creative. Thanks everyone!
Make sure you continue to send in your emails about your accomplishments and I will be happy to post them on the abridged email, and here on the Tony Luna Creative blog. You can't imagine how many people tell me that they look forward to these updates to keep connected and to be inspired.
Keep creating great art!
Photo by Erin Kelly (c) 2010
- Tom Kelly, Photographer, sent in more information regarding the amazing trip his wife, Gail Mooney, and their daughter, Erin Kelly, are doing as they continue creating their documentary. "Here is the latest video-podcast shot during a monsoon downpour from the team's 'bamboo hut', in Northern Thailand. http://openingoureyes.wordpress.com/2010/07/16/where-no-doctors-go/ ...(go) to Gail's professional blog which is heavily cross-pollinated with the project too; "Opening Our Eyes Project" and "Journeys of a Hybrid," http://kellymooneyminutes.wordpress.com
All the best,
Thomas A. Kelly
- Tamar Levine, Photographer- forwarded this invitation to a group exhibit in which she will be showing some work, "Hi all, ...I just wanted to give you some info about a group exhibit I will be showing in. The show isn't until August 7th but I know these summer weekends fill up fast. It is called Branded Art: An Art Exhibition Benefiting The Witness to a Dream Foundation. Macy Gray will be DJing, and some amazing artists will be showing (including Mark Ryden, Shepard Fairey, Alan Aldridge..). If you are in the Los Angeles area please come on by. It will be tons of fun and is for a really great cause!"
Benefiting Witness to a Dream, www.witnesstoadream.org
Saturday, August 7th., 5 PM to 2 AM
8810 Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
$10 donation; Special guest DJ set by Macy Gray
- Michael Salvatore Tierney, Fine Art Photographer wrote: "Hope you have a chance to make it down to Art San Diego. If you do, stop by Blythe Projects."
And he followed it with another note: "in addition... I have an article coming out in this month in 'Flaunt' magazine, it should hit the newsstands any day now! My solo show at Blythe projects is scheduled for January 2011. I'll give you a heads up shortly before.
All my best,
5797 Washington Blvd. / Culver City, CA, USA 90232
FEATURED ARTIST: John Andolsek, Larry Mullins, Mark Schoening, Michael Salvatore Tierney, Ben White. ART SAN DIEGO 2010: The Forum for Art
A marketplace for the world's leading contemporary galleries. A creative space for artistic exhibitions. A forum for dialog on current topics in the art world. A cultural and social highlight in San Diego.
ART SAN DIEGO will feature: 40 leading contemporary art galleries; solo exhibitions by the world's most exciting new artists; collaborative exhibitions with the 2010 San Diego Art Prize Recipients; ART LABS featuring installations in locations at the fair and city-wide; ART SAN DIEGO CONVERSATIONS which will focus on the collection and the acquisition of art. The Fair includes a VIP Opening Night, SIGHT & SOUND bay side concert on Friday evening, and an exclusive Young Collectors + Wine 2.0 event on Saturday night.
As a distinguished patron of the our gallery we are pleased to offer you a membership to the ART SAN DIEGO 2010 Collector Club Program. This program offers collectors and art enthusiasts exclusive access to VIP events throughout the fair, and entry to our exclusive Collectors Club Lounge.
COLLECTOR CLUB PASS BENEFITS INCLUDE:
Thursday, September 2nd: Collector Club Art Show Preview from 5:00-7:00 p.m., followed by VIP Opening Night from 7:00-9:00 p.m. ($75 value per person)
Friday, September 3rd - Sunday, September 5th: Three-day all access VIP pass to the Art Fair ($45 value per person)
Access to the Collector Club VIP Lounge. Opportunities to attend VIP events and private tours associated with the fair.
To obtain your VIP Collector Club benefits please REGISTER HERE : PROMO CODE: VIPBP330
Once registered you will be sent a confirmation email. At the fair simply give your name at the registration desk to receive a VIP Collector Club badge. This promo code can be redeemed for two individuals and is non-transferable.
- Justin Bastien, Sports, Travel and Lifestyle Photographer (the photographer who leads the life we all wish we could lead) sent his itinerary for his "Summer Road Trip 2010"
June 21 - August 6; Destinations: Zion National Park, Escalante Wilderness, Boulder, UT, Jackson, WY, Grand Teton National Park.
Activities: Climbing, Trail Running, Hiking, Canyoneering, Backpacking, and Fly Fishing... and, of course, photographing everything in sight.
Justin also sent in this note of interest, "Tony, I loved this story. I thought it might be something cool for you to share on your blog.
El Salon Mexico - The Movie
Paul Glickman and Tamarind Kingare unlikely creative collaborators. She's a young woman with wonderful talent as an artist. He's a retired New York filmmaker who had one project he still wanted to do. Together, they've made a 12-minute masterpiece - a fully-animated, hand-drawn cartoon to the score of Aaron Copland's El Salon Mexico."
Justin Bastien Photography
P.O. Box 1029
Ventura, CA 93002
- Mark Holley, Graphic Designer, Environmental Activist, "Hope you are well! I just clicked on your blog and saw the picture of me presenting my timeline. I'm glad there is a record of that moment because it was an important one for me. I was nervous about presenting but that exercise was great. I am excited as I have some upcoming travel that I think will be very inspiring. I am going to Panama next week for 7 days! Then in October I am going to Israel and Egypt! And to think the idea of getting my passport came out of one of our first class meetings...Mark"
- Mark Alberhasky, Location Photographer and Medical Pathologist, generously emailed this link to another one of his famous calendars. "Summer is flying by and it's time for a calendar update...Our summer is crazy but good. It's no wonder the calendar can't keep up. This is undoubtedly why my eye was drawn to this month's subject...I wanted to have a sit with a mango margarita and watch a few sunrise and sunsets.
Use the link below to automatically download your calendar.
Enjoy your summer!
Mark Alberhasky Photography
535 Redding View Ct NW
Atlanta, GA 30328
Mark Alberhasky (firstname.lastname@example.org) shared a file with you:
Portable Document Format 1MB
If you are having problems accessing this file, copy and paste the link below into your web browser:
- Jillian Suzanne, Artist, Children's Book Artist- "Anyone interested in living at the Brewery Artists Lofts complex in Downtown LA? We are looking for someone to take over our space Oct.1st. For further information please send me a message via facebook. Cheers!"
- From Professor Walter Luzer of the Berlin School I received this note,
We all know well, talent and leadership are key to driving excellence in our business. And today, both are more than needed. For many, the Berlin School Executive MBA experience has radically changed their lives and significantly changed the way they and their company do business. Like Almap/BBDO‘s two top creative directors Luiz Sanches and Sergio Mugnaini, who completed the Berlin School Executive MBA program and who, with Marcello Serpa and colleagues, brought home the 'Agency of the Year 2010' Award from Cannes Lions. This is why I am particularly excited to announce: The 2010 Lürzer's Archive Berlin School of Creative Leadership Scholarship. The winner will receive € 30.000 tuition support for the next Berlin School Executive MBA in Creative Leadership program starting September 5th in Berlin. Sir John Hegarty, Chairman and Worldwide Creative Director BBH, will serve as class mentor.
Deadline August 5th. Apply now.
For more information and to download an application contact the Berlin School at www.berlin-school.com email email@example.com phone + 49 (0) 30 39 88 9 699
Prof. Walter Lürzer