Tony Luna Creative- Update- 06-30-10
First of all let me remind you that the ICON6, the global conference for Illustrators and creative people, will be held from July 14 to 16 at the Langham Hotel in Pasadena, California. I am honored to be delivering, "Rediscovering Your Passion: An Outline for Crafting a Meaningful Career" on Thursday, July 15 from 3:30 to 5:30. For information and registration to the conference you may go to the ICON6 web site at theillustrationconference.org Looking forward to seeing you there for "4 jam-packed days of all things illustration"!
And we are half-way through our "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One" term, and will be beginning our "Part Three" course July 8. The classes are progressing nicely with new developments each week and I am proud of the way our students are gaining new insights and assisting each other. It is a pleasure working with each and every one of them!
In this edition of the Tony Luna Creative- Update we have news of a photo gallery showing, a fine art gallery showing, information that has been sent in on two job opportunities (one for Graphic Design, and one for a Lead Concept Artist), and another link to the Gail Mooney site in which she is traveling the world with her daughter, Erin, documenting great work being done by individuals who make a difference.
Read on and be inspired by the work of our creative community!
- Ingrid Liang, Photographer (and participant in our upcoming "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part Three class)- "Hi Tony. My friend Rick Tamashiro who is the owner/founder of VeryTotemo! hired me to photograph the cosplay, goth, decora, and other fashion subcultures that meet every weekend on the bridge outside of Harajuku station in Tokyo, Japan. We are finally having a gallery showing/business launch party for VeryTotemo! and myself for this group of work. I would love to invite everyone to come to my very first gallery showing.
When: July 24th, 7pm-10pm
Where: PAS | Project Art School Gallery
115 South Harbor Blvd.
Fullerton, CA 92832
What: "Harajuku Bridge" - VeryTotemo! ©
- Robin Neudorfer, Artist- forwared a note to let us know that her wonderful artwork, "Spring Brunch" has been juried into a show at the Segil Gallery. Try to make it to the Artist Reception.
Works On Paper
110 W. Lime Ave
July 10th - August 7th.
Artist Reception July 10th, 7:00
- Dice Yamaguchi, Product Designer at Magellan Navigation (and current "Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One" class member) sent in this job offering notice. "Magellan is looking for Graphic Designers for navigation graphics work. Shoot me an email if you’re interested!" email@example.com
- Tom Mooney, Photographer, updated us on the adventures of his wife Gail Mooney, and daughter, Erin Kelly, as travel around the world on their "Opening Our Eyes" documentary project. This update includes the philanhropic work being done at the Kopila Valley Children's Home in Nepal. Quoting from Tom's email, "Maggie (Doyne) is a world away from Mendham, but has created a very special bubble in Nepal. After graduating from high school she opted to take a gap year instead of heading straight to college. She traveled a bit and then volunteered in an orphanage in India. It was there she became aware of the orphaned Nepalese children displaced by civil war. She knew in her heart that she needed to do something for them and she did with her Blink Now Foundation."
Keep up with Gail and Erin by going to their blog, http://openingoureyes.wordpress.com/ Also watch their videocasts on Vimeo, http://vimeo.com/12154580
And find out more about the BlinkNow Foundation by clicking on, http://blinknow.org/
- Stan Kong, Industrial Designer and Instructor at the Art Center College of Design and Pasadena City College and good friend of Tony Luna Creative sent in yet another listing for a job opportunity. "Hey tony...fyi... Here is the job description for the opening. This listing can be found at: http://www.neversoft.com/site/hiring.html
Lead Concept Artist; Description, Neversoft Entertainment is currently seeking a Lead Concept Artist with experience managing a team of artists. This person will work directly with Art Directors and leads to create concepts. The position will be mainly dealing with the overall
game look and covering both environments and characters. Maintaining the look and feel of art for our games is key.
Responsibilities will include:
· Creating exciting and compelling environment and character concepts
· Working closely and taking direction from the Art Directors in creating the established vision for the character art
· Research and gathering of imagery related to current tasks
· Providing artwork for promotional folders, posters, trade stands, web applications, and various media publications
· Participate and give status updates in regular team meetings
· AA/BFA preferred, or at least demonstrates through portfolio an industry standard level of art
· Experience managing a team of artists
· Experience working within game development
· Expert with Photoshop
· Ability to learn new tools quickly
· Strong background in traditional art skills
· Excellent knowledge of human anatomy and proportions
· Solid 2-D concept skills working in a variety of styles
· Knowledge of art history and contemporary culture
· A fashion awareness including the balancing of colors, proportions, textiles, and moods
· A proven record of meeting deadlines
· A good communicator who is comfortable taking direction and critique
· Some familiarity with 3d art a plus
Primary Location, Woodland Hills, CA.