Tony Luna Creative- Update- 06-11-10
There's a lot of wonderful stuff to report in this update so sit back and enjoy...
A reminder that my "Crafting a Meaningful Career- Part Three- Fulfilling the Dream" class starts Thursday, July 8 at 7:00 P. M. If you have participated in "Part One- Finding the Dream," and "Part Two- Forming the Dream" you have successfully fulfilled the requirements to be a part of the final class in developing your Business Plan/Life Plan for the next iteration of your career. To be a part of this energizing six-week class contact the Art Center at Night office to register at 626-396-2319, or go to their web site at http://www.artcenter.edu/atnight/main.jsp
or call me directly at 818-842-5490.
Also keep in mind that ICON6, the global conference for Illustrators and creative people, will be held from July 14 to 16 in Pasadena, California this year. I will be delivering a lecture, "Rediscovering Your Passion: An Outline for Crafting a Meaningful Career" on Thursday, July 15 from 3:30 to 5:30. For information and registration to the conference you may go to the ICON6 web site at http://www.theillustrationconference.org.
Looking forward to seeing you there for "4 jam-packed days of all things illustration"!
- Lucie Mamos, Graphic Artist, AIGA, Los Angeles, forwarded this note, "Hi Tony... We have a great event June 16. It will be great - Si Scott all the way from the U.K. is coming to town! If you have a chance, could you please spread the word?
Please follow the link below."
UCLA Extension Student Group President
- Jon Goldman, Art Center Advertising Student, who was part of a unique class this spring which traveled to Guatemala (and focused on issues of social importance in that Central American country) sent in this update , "Hello Everyone. As some of you may know, I'm leaving to Guatemala on Thursday to continue with a Designmatters class from last semester called "Creating Social Value Through Design." This trip is actually an independent study, and I will be there for the next 5 weeks. I won't go into detail about the trip, because I made a blog to keep everyone posted on what I'm doing there and my experience and findings. The blog is at http://juandeatitlan.wordpress.com/.
I hope to be updating the blog at least once a week. See you July! Let's hope 4 years of middle school Spanish pays off!
- Mauren Brodbeck, Photographer, let us know that she had an opening for a showing of her work on June 3rd, "I am pleased to invite you to the opening of my solo show SEVEN WONDERS, part of the 50JPG, 50 days for Photography, Geneva.
Espace R, 43, route des Jeunes, 1227 Carouge
from June 3rd to July 31st, 2010"
+4122 300 6330
43, route des Acacias
CH-1227 Genève, Switzerland
- Barbara Bordnick, renowned fashion, portrait, nude and floral Photographer let us know that there is still space available for her amazing "A Summer Flower Photography Workshop" at her studio in New York City this June 26 and 27...
To hold a reservation please contact the following: email@example.com and send a $450.00 deposit. (This will be a life enhancing experience.)
- Tom Kelly, Photographer, sent in a link so we could keep up on the extraordinary travels and experiences of his wife, Gail Mooney, and daughter, Erin Kelly as they circumnavigate the world and work on their documentary on individuals who make a difference. This is a must see blog and one that you will want to keep up to date tabs on as you share their unique adventure in altruism at, http://www.openingoureyes.wordpress.com/
Also check out their intimate video conversations along the way on Vimeo, especially the podcast from the Red Chilli Hideaway in Kampala, Uganda where they talk about one of the people they interviewed who is providing employment to cancer patients so they can afford medical care.
You will be truly inspired!
- The Photography and Imaging Department of Art Center College of Design is hosting the first Imaging DNA Conference on July 10-11, 2010.
Two days, all speakers and breakout sessions for just one low price! Join photo educators, advertising, design and digital creatives as they engage in a lively debate about producing and using images in the age of social media. Learn from peers and the creative community about the changing landscape and how the image is changing.
Use the promo code EDUCATE2010 to get an additional $100 off the early bird discount (for just $149!).
Register here... http://www.imagingdna.eventbrite.com/