HERE ARE THE HEADLINES, FOLLOWED BY THE FULL STORIES:
- The next SchmoozeFest will be Thursday, September 7, 6:30 to 9:30 PM at our usual venue, 950 South Raymond Avenue, Pasadena, Room #231. Get your PowerPoint fired up and bring a lot of business cards so you may introduce the attendees to your latest product or service, and follow that up by meeting other driven creative talent during our networking session. We have already been contacted by a number of people who want to attend so come and join in the fun!
- Fall registration for the Art Center at Night/Public Programs will begin August 14 through September 8. Classes will begin September 11.
You may go online to find out more about the exciting art and design class offerings by calling 626-396-2319 or clicking on https://www.artcenter.edu/acn/
These classes could change your life!
- Our “Crafting a Meaningful Career-Part One- Discovering the Dream” through ArtCenter at Night begins Tuesday, September 12 and will run for fourteen weeks. The class is from 7:00 to 10:00 P.M. in Room #302 of the new 1111 Arroyo Parkway building. We will help you discover how to take your career to the next, most meaningful, level. This is a unique class not offered anywhere else where you will dive deep into what you have liked and not liked about your career to date and you can begin writing the next chapter of your purpose filled life. If you have any questions please call the counselors at ArtCenter at night, or call the instructor directly at 818-842-5490.
- You are encouraged to attend the opening of Faria Raji’s solo exhibition of his latest amazing work, THEIA MANIA. The opening reception will be Saturday, July 29 from 7:00 PM to 10:00 PM at the Open Mind Art Space, 11631 Santa Monica Blvd., Los Angeles, California 90025, (424) 273-5088. The exhibition will be on view from July 29th through August 25th. Come out and support one of our outstanding artists and share in the joy of his new creations!…
- Dennis Hill was kind enough to send in the article that accompanied his classic photograph of the newly restored La Loma Bridge. His photograph highlights the work of many concerned citizens who value the craftsmanship of the construction and wanted it completed to the highest standards. Thanks Dennis!…
- Vijat Mohindra introduces us to his new website and to the many celebrities he has had the honor to photograph. We are truly proud of the work this young artist has accomplished and look forward to his bright future…
- Mauren Brodbeck announces her new website highlighting her magnificent photographic compositions. She also gives thanks for the recent video Swiss Photographers did of her
- Cristina Benedetti and Brian Bello celebrate finding a memorable and premature memorial. More information to follow...
- Lee White announces the introduction of the new Photo 177 Video Capture for Still Photographers class we have that is open for registration and starts August 21 at the College of the Canyons...
NOW ENJOY READING THE FULL STORIES BEHIND THE HEADLINES:
|Shadow of Love (Nude, N.4) 2016, Faria Raji|
A solo exhibition of works by: Faria Raji
July 29 - August 25, 2017
Opening Reception: Saturday, July, 2017, 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Open Mind Art Space is pleased to present THEIA MANIA, a solo exhibition featuring mixed media works by Faria Raji. An opening reception will be held for the artist on Saturday, July 29th from 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM. The exhibition will be on view from July 29th through August 25th.
Faria Raji’s works are at once visceral and ephemeral the notion that amidst decay and misery the only vision that radiates promise is the figurative form. Rooted in the tradition of photography pieces go beyond the photograph; he destroys the surface of the images we selectively applying texture and impasto paint. As individual photos uniquely call for. Raji will mark, burn, score, deface, paint, and modify each print to heighten and clarify its language.
In his most recent grouping of works titled THEIA MANIA, a Greek term meaning "divine madness from the Gods,” Raji utilizes photography and various construction methodologies to create worlds in which naked nymphs inhabit mysterious erotic realms. His artwork lives in a continuum where the dust of love and erotic desire has not yet settled. Raji attempts to immortalize the energy of life, a brief moment of enlightenment experienced at the time of ecstasy which produces a temporary loss of consciousness as every cell fires in unison.
Open Mind Art Space
11631 Santa Monica Blvd.
Los Angeles, California 90025
Tuesdays - Saturdays, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
(or by appointment)
- Dennis Hill, Content Creator-
|Screenshots from website|
The Story Behind the Bridge
Latitude: 34.134694 | Longitude: -118.166037
Originally named the Huntington Terrace Bridge when first dedicated in 1914, the name was changed within just a few years to the La Loma Bridge when La Loma Road received its new name. Re-creation of historic design features including the handsome balustrade, light standards and globes, were part of the recent restoration project and have brought the bridge back to its original appearance. Thank you’s are in order to the members of the volunteer Design Advisory Committee, including Ann Scheid, Chris Peck, Andrea Rawlings, Robin Salzer, Michael Krakower, Jesse Lattig, and Sue Mossman in overseeing the many nuances of the design, historic details, materials and finishes. The next seismic upgrade planned is for the Holly Street Bridge and will begin soon.
|Screen shots from new website|
- Maureen Brodbeck, Photographer/Artist-
FROM LOS ANGELES
DE LOS ANGELES
Traveling is not only fun and refreshing, it is inspiring and brings pause, a sort of stand still in life. From there, new avenues open, unknown directions and roads appear and life takes a new path. This is the beauty of stopping. It is in fact accelerating our rides, our ideas, our desires. Traveling should be part of our everyday life so we can keep discovering…
NEW WEBSITE/NOUVEAU SITE INTERNET
I am happy to announce the launch of my new website in English and French. The web site included a wider range of my work from new photographs and series to videos and more.
J’ai le plaisir d’annoncer le lancement de mon nouveau site internet en Français et en Anglais. Ce site internet inclut un spectre plus large et complet de mon travail allant de nouvelles photographies et series a des videos et plus.
GO TO WEB SITE/ALLER AU SITE INTERNTET : https://www.maurenbrodbeck.com/
|Screen shots from website|
A big thank you to Swiss Photographers for the interview in my studio last June. Click on the link to see the video and follow Swiss Photographers and their beautiful selection of Swiss Photography on Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/swissphotographers/
Un grand merci a Swiss Photographers pour cet interview dans mon studio en juin. Cliquez sur l’image pour voir la video et suivez Swiss Photographers et leur magnifique selection de photographies suisses sur Instagram. https://www.instagram.com/swissphotographers/
- Cristina Benedetti and Brian Bello, Dance Masters
(Editor’s note) Many thanks to Cristina and Brian for sending in these photos of their high flying skills at the memorial bench for Tony and Paula Luna in Pacific Grove, California along the Monterey Peninsula coastline. NO, PAULA AND TONY HAVE NOT PASSED ON! They just wanted to have a memorial bench in their honor that they could enjoy before they do move on. If you are in Monterey, and are so inclined, stop by our “memorial” bench and send a selfie doing what you “LOVE” to do. It is located at 1037 Ocean View Blvd., Pacific Grove, three doors down from Esplanade Street. Enjoy!
- Lee White, Chair of the Photography Department, College of the Canyons- Hi Tony, Thank you for including me on your Creative Updates and your willingness to come and talk to the College of the Canyons students.
I am wondering if (you would) announce the Photo 177 Video Capture for Still Photographers class we have that is open for registration and starts August 21 in your Creative Updates.
Here is the catalog description:
Explores video as a tool in preparing still photographic projects and provides the
basic technical skills to capture video content, utilizing a DSLR camera. Develops
the skill set to record video in tandem with still photography including photographic
and video narrative, still and basic HD video camera techniques, lighting, and
basic sound recording.
There is also the possibility of achieving a ACA Adobe Certified Associate certification
in Premiere Pro at the end of the class.
Anyone with questions can contact me: email@example.com
George “Lee” White
Department Chair, Photography Department
Adobe Certified Expert
College of the Canyons
26455 Rockwell Canyon Road
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and design, and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
(A new website is being constructed)
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press and
"Mastering the Business of Photography: What the Pros Do When They Are Not Taking Incredible Photos" Skyhorse/Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals