- Vahe’ Alaverdian brings us up to date on the incredible growth of his amazing new company, Falcon Force, LLC, Professional Bird Abatement Services…
- Shirin Raban thanks all those who stepped forward and voted for her documentary film, “There is No Other Way” in the USC Shoah Foundation Student Voices Contest. She was awarded the Viewer’s Choice for The Student Voices Short Film Contest at USC!…
- Thomas Bertling announces the publication of the new book he co-authored with Scott Robertson titled, “How To Draw” by Design Studio Press. It is an amazing book filled with drawing tips and unique links to training videos by using a QR Reader App. It will blow your mind!…
- Al Satterwhite invites all to book signings of his latest book on Hunter S.Thompson, “The Cozumel Diary: Running Amuck with the King of Gonzo.” Signings will be held in Los Angeles on April 4, and in New York City on April 10…
- Christopher Marion Thomas thanks all for helping him to be selected one of the top five artists on the Art Book Guy reader’s interest site…
- Al Koddrip, avant guard artist, lets us know that we are cordially invited to the opening of his visual art show, “Vernissage” in Paris on April 3 featuring "K.REATURES - battle with dichotomy”…
- Anna Berkal lists thirteen job opportunities currently available at the Art Center College of Design…
- Our next SchmoozeFest is scheduled for Thursday, May 8, from 6:30 to 9:30 P. M. at the Art Center South Campus, so start getting ready to present your work to a wonderful group of creative people!…
|(Photo from the Los Angeles Times article on Vahe, September, 2013)|
From Vahe’ Alaverdian, Falconer, Photographer, Entrepreneur- “Hi Tony, I hope you are doing well my friend. Just wanted to send you a quick update about Falcon Force LLC. We recently contracted with San Diego Sea World and their water park Aquatica for a 2 year contract, providing them bird abatement services for their sea gull infestation, (the contract is for 7 days a week 10 hours a day per park). We are still protecting cherries, blueberries and wine grapes, but this new addition pushed our horizons further into theme parks and resorts, Falcon Force LLC grew from a one man show to a twelve man operation in 3 years.
Thanks for your inspiration.
I also wanted to share a very inspiring quote from Paulo Coelho, perhaps you can share it with our friends...
"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream".
Love you man!
Professional Bird Abatement Services
- Shirin Raban, Visual + Verbal Storyteller | Educator, “Dear Friends and Family. I am honored to announce that I won the Viewer’s Choice for The Student Voices Short Film Contest at USC. I am thankful to Syuzanna Petrosyan for introducing me to this opportunity. Please see links below for news and articles about the winners:
Students and Jury Discuss Winning Films at Student Voices Award Ceremony
The winners of Student Voices 2014 were:
Syuzanna Petrosyan and Greg Irwin for their film Play for Your Life.
Shirin Raban’s "There is No Other Way" received the Viewer’s Choice award, based on the public’s voting on the USC Shoah Foundation website.
Rebecca Baugh’s Love, Noemi received an honorable mention.
Visual + Verbal Storyteller | Educator
Thomas Bertling, Instructor, Author, “Hi Tony.Thank you so much for your encouragement and for offering to promote the book on your blog. Honestly, your first paragraph of the email is quite the endorsement!”
About "How To Draw: Drawing and Sketching Objects and Environments From Your Imagination":
Any creative person who'd like to bring their ideas to life on paper will find "How To Draw: Drawing and Sketching Objects & Environments From Your Imagination" by Scott Robertson & Thomas Bertling an invaluable resource. The authors are experienced Art Center College of Design faculty, and bring you the lessons and techniques they have used to help thousands of their students become professional artists and designers.
The book is based on curriculum that they have developed for Art Center's foundations classes, in which all Industrial Design (Transportation, Product, and Entertainment Design) students learn how to draw any object or environment from the imagination, starting with the most basic perspective drawing skills.
Early chapters explain how to draw accurate perspective grids and ellipses that in later chapters provide the foundation for more complex forms. The research and design processes used to generate visual concepts are demonstrated, making it much easier for you to draw things never-before-seen. Best of all, more than 25 pages can be scanned via a smartphone or tablet using a free Android or iOS app, which links to video tutorials for that section of the book.
You can find the book on Amazon here:
How to Draw: drawing and sketching objects and environments from your imagination: Scott Robertson, Thomas Bertling: 9781933492759: Amazon.com: Books:
- From Al Satterwhite, Author, Photographer,
Please join us at our LA and NYC galleries for exclusive book signings with Al Satterwhite, who will be signing copies of his new book on Hunter S. Thompson (copies available for purchase in the galleries and online):
“The Cozumel Diary: Running Amuck with the King of Gonzo.”
LA - in the Sunset Marquis Hotel - Friday, April 4th from 5-7 pm
The Sunset Marquis Hotel is located at 1200 Alta Loma Road in West Hollywood, CA.
(Parking is only available at the Sunset Millennium Public Parking garage, located at 8570 Sunset Boulevard in West Hollywood. The entrance is located on Alta Loma Road and can only be reached from Sunset Blvd.)
NYC - at 116 Prince Street - Thursday, April 10th from 6-8 pm; Come on by......
"it's a masterpiece and was worth the wait." MME
"Got it thanks. Love it. Super excited to look through while enjoying a strong beverage" KE
"Just got my book yesterday! Absolutely beautiful!" MR
"Just arrived yesterday, even the packaging is Gonzo goodness. Thanks!" bpam
Christopher Marion Thomas, Fine Artist, “I am one of the top 5 artists on the enclosed site. (artbookguy.com) I could not do this without your support. Thank you so very much.”
THE TOP 5 ABG ARTISTS
Here are the Top 5 ABG Artists who are currently pulling the most traffic and/or reader interest on this site. What puts someone in the Top 5? It's likely a combination of their talent and work and probably their own efforts to promote their interviews here on ABG, online and beyond. Click on the links below to see the interviews ...
From Al Koddrip, on the opening of his show, “Vernissage”
You are cordially invited to the visual art show in Paris by KODDRIP
"K.REATURES - battle with dichotomy"
Opening night is on April 3rd, 2014 from 6pm at the Galerie Planète Rouge and the show lasts until April 16th, 2014. Please RSVP before March 31st, 2014.
I will be very thrilled to see you in Paris!
Event Details- K.REATURES Paris Opening, April 3rd 2014. The latest work from avant guard international artist, Koddrip, is emerging in Paris at a launching party not to be missed by anyone passionate about the future direction of art in our changing world. "K.REATURES - battle with dichotomy" art-show will officially kick off it's European tour, where the artist will be present to sign copies of the Kreatures art book and speak on the significance of his work. Come by and see the battle for yourself! RSVP before April 1st, 5pm
Check out the artist, Koddrip, and teasers of his work: http://vimeo.com/koddrip and http://www.koddrip.com/
- From Anna Berkal, Generalist, Human Resources-
We are currently recruiting for the following thirteen positions:
· Facilities Building Services Supervisor
· Adjunct Faculty — Conversational Japanese Language/Culture
· Art Model — temporary/on-call
· Director of Recruitment Programs (Admissions)
· Internship Specialist (Career + Professional Development)
· Shop Instructor, on-call part-time
· Educational Media Equipment Center Clerk
· Director of Academic Advising
· Educational Technology Specialist
· Associate Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship
· Director, Corporate Relations
· Assistant Director, Prospect Research and Database Management
· Director, Annual Giving
For more information about these positions, please contact Human Resources or see details online at http://www.artcenter.edu/accd/employment.jsp.
Generalist, Human Resources
Art Center College of Design
Tel 626.396.2270 | Fax 626.683.0559
The next SchmoozeFest is scheduled for Thursday, May 8 (the Thursday before the beginning of the Summer Term) from 6:30 to 8:30 P. M. at the Art Center South Campus. Start getting anything together that you would like to present at this wonderful presentation and networking event!
Please continue to support the members of our creative community as they create meaning within their careers. Thanks to all for their informative and inspiring contributions.
If you are not on the mailing list and would like to receive owe monthly notices of these Updates please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Conversely if you would like to be removed from the email list simply email
email@example.com and write "Unsubscribe" in the subject line.
Keep sending in your informative and motivating emails. I may have to edit them in the interest of space but I will do my best to keep their integrity. Emails and notices are usually posted in the order they are received. Tony Luna Creative-Updates are produced approximately once a month so please provide enough lead time when submitting emails so they can be posted in a timely fashion.
Keep creating wonderful art and, as always, stay in touch!
Tony Luna Creative
A Creative Consultancy
819 North Bel Aire Drive
Burbank, CA 91501
Home office: 818-842-5490
Adjunct Professor: Art Center College of Design
Contributing Consultant to "Bokeh Magazine, The Art and Life of Photography," an online magazine for the iPads and iPhones.
Author: "How to Grow as a Photographer: Reinventing Your Career" Allworth Press
Providing support, inspiration and networking for mid-career creative professionals